2

After attending Peggy's funeral, Steve walks Peggy Carter's niece Sharon Carter home, the two talk and reminisce when Sam suddenly needs him, Sam shows Steve the news footage of the UN (United Nations) building. The news reports many killed and a few injured, but among the dead was the king of Wakanda T'Chaka. Officials released video footage of a suspect to the public. The suspect they identified as Steve's close friend James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier.

" The Winter Soldier is a HYDRA agent linked to abundant acts of terrorism and associated political assassinations" the news anchor states.

Steve Rogers, Sharon Carter and Sam Wilson are already on their way to the UN, Steve arrives in a disguise, he's across the street from the two ruined buildings. He spots Natasha having a conversation with an aggravated looking T'Challa as their conversation ends, T'Challa leaves.

Not wanting to blow his cover, Steve opts to call Natasha, he watches her answer the phone across the street. "Are you okay?" He quickly asks her, she smiles " yes, guess I'm lucky, thanks" Natasha's smile quickly disappears as Bucky's situation sets in.

"Steve, stay home, don't go after him, it will only worsen it for all of us." Steve scoffs, " Are you going to come after me if I do?" Natasha's frown deepened" from your stories of him I can see he means a lot to you but if you go after him, someone will arrest you, the document changes the way things were."

" I feel I should be the only one to bring him in, especially if HYDRA is involved, I have a better chance of surviving against a fellow super soldier than an everyday cop or agent."

Before Natasha can retaliate, Steve hangs up. He meets back up with Sam at a coffee shop, Sam is also in disguise. " I assume she told you not to go after him?..she may be right, you know." Steve knows that if his and Bucky's roles were reversed, Bucky would do the same for him.

"He'd do the same if our roles were reversed, undoubtedly in my mind.'' He stands next to Sam, who is sitting at the counter sipping a coffee. "Sure, maybe past Bucky before the whole you know... Hydra thing happened..., look, are you one hundred percent sure we should do this? Because if there is any doubt in your mind that this is a bad idea, we should stop now".

Steve nods with a smile, "yes, I'm sure" Sam nods and sighs as Sharon shows up next to Steve. "Information has been flooding since everyone has now seen that footage, or I guess you could call a small portion of the public providing actual information and the rest thinks their grocery bagger is the Winter Soldier."

"Any solid information?" Steve asks, Sharon nods and pulls out a file and carefully slips it into Steve's hands. "I'm needed now, boss wants a briefing so that's all the information I can give you, you should go now." Steve thanks her, but before she lets Sam and Steve leave she offers a warning, "pack a little of what you need because all of us have orders to shoot on sight and I really want to avoid being the one to do that."

———————————————————————

The same dark figure from before looks at a news report, the Avengers are in a tight spot with the UN wanting to act, But how do we draw out the Winter Soldier now that someone is framing him? The avengers will surely go after the asset now...

The dark figure takes a long pause in thought. The two agents have narrowed down 5 locations that the Winter Soldier could be hiding in, I'll have to send more agents out to all 5 locations. The team of heroes could possibly go after the asset. We need to secure him today! "Yelana send out Argoj, Zuno,Izos, Truko, Engrin,uavoj, Khivi,  Chamze,Mimza,Urdish, and Ochun's team for back up I want the winter soldier back at the base by midnight!"

"Yes sir, hail HYDRA!"

—----------------------------------------------------
The only time Bucky leaves his house is when he runs out of food, usually he stays on top of making sure he can at least eat something during the week.  But after scanning the area around his apartment from his window, he goes into his kitchen. Reaching towards his counter where he frequently places his fruit, touching the bare counter top leaves him confused until he looks at the blank spot on the counter.