Act 1 - 009

I don't know why I need my head checked out, the thing is I don't feel nearly as shaken as I should be but that is just how I was.

I never got scared of the dark.

I never got scared of the stories of murderers in my streets.

Towards a great deal of it, I was always apathetic, knowing full well that I couldn't do anything about it if it were there. But I always fought and even now when it feels like I am set up to die by this system I will keep on fighting.

Because I look up to my Mother as one of the strongest people I have ever seen, I want to be like her, I want to become stronger because of her. I knock on the door, and the plate on the side reads:

Doc. Ashe - Neurosurgeon.

The door swings open revealing a half-dressed woman. She looks like a mess and I just disturbed her sleep but she somehow is making the look work. Her tired eyes fix on me with a glare.

Another smoker? There is something about the two doctors in this building being smokers

Another smoker? There is something about the two doctors in this building being smokers. This feels like a  'do as I say and not as I do' kind of situation.

"What?"

"Lauren said to meet with you."

She lazily looks over her shoulder, it is pretty much impossible to look at anything else than her chest. I shut my eyes tightly to stop myself before I hear her step away from me towards her office.

I follow after her, "Uh, morning."

"Hmm," the woman in front of me greets me back in her own way I suppose. "Shut the door behind you."

She drops down on one of the chairs as I close the door. Her office looks tidy for someone that looks a bit like a slob but that might just be because I woke her up... but why is she even sleeping here of all places?!

"Ashe," she introduces herself. "Lauren's younger sister, slob, pretty pathetic," she blows out the smoke from her lungs. "Insomniac."

"A pleasure..."

"Very same." She narrows her eyes at me. "Kiriko's?"

"Yeah," I nod.

"Same eyes," she gestures at my face. "Carry yourself the same way but you don't look nearly as anti-social as her... probably still a growth thing that you need to get over." Then cocking her head she narrows her eyes at me as if trying to determine something.

"Doc Lauren said I should have my head looked at."

She nods. "Why else would you be here?" She then gestures to the bed in the corner. "Sit down and strip."

"Huh-"

"Only your shirt, if you feel a bit shy." She lifts herself. "Seen more than enough of the male's body to care about it. Besides, I cleaned you so I've pretty much seen just as much as your mother."