Act 1 - 11

I lift my gaze towards the hulk of a creature towering over me. Not a moment ago I was walking up to the temple but now I am lying at the foot of the pillar with a headache stronger than anything I have ever experienced.

I can feel the blood trickling down from my crown.

Moments ago I was killing everything, maybe hundreds of those hounds with even bigger ones with the title [Dire Corrupted Hounds]. They all were easy to get rid of but my blade started to get worn down and chipped away.

Even then I didn't feel tired at all till this guy knocked all of the fight out of my system with a single attack.

Above his head, a name that is pitch black appears.

[Sun-Eater Dvallin]

I lift myself from the ground to my feet, my knees start to buckle underneath my weight but I quickly steady myself. My senses scream at me as he appears right in front of me slamming the edge of his shield into my face.

For the first time, I retreat into my shadowy form to save myself and create some space between us. The pillar behind me crashes onto him and he easily blocks the debris from crushing him the shield that creates a barrier of golden energy around him.

He spins around to face me, almost in a ghoulish fashion.

That he isn't alive.

Around the arena, more of those Hounds appear but they all stay put as if watching it all unfold. Does he control them? I don't know what he is but I have a feeling that inside this 'dungeon,' he is the one that I am supposed to kill.

But why is his level so much higher than theirs? I can barely make out his name, that's how far of a gap there is between the two of us.

I glance at my blade and ready it. He finally lifts his blade pointing it towards me as if to make this duel official.

He blinks from my visions and appears thrusting his blade aimed at my chest. I use my blade to block it out of the way but he then steps forward slamming the edge of the shield into my ribs and then follows up with a downward slash that shatters my blade in my hand.

The shock traveled through my arm and I drop the hilt to the ground and 

I throw myself away from him, he is dead silent but quicker than anything I have faced. Stronger than the centipedes... but I can outrun him forever... that Serpent would have crushed him ages ago.

But I can't run. This isn't about surviving but triumph.

I clench my fists as I prepare myself to go all out. I clench my fists as the humanoid stares me down unwavering.

What? Waiting on me? I grind my teeth together. I focus my attention on his shadow, I create a lance of Shadow in my hand and launch it at him. He raises his shield to block it, I then slip into my own darkness only to warp to his shadow.