9

The next day Raven got up around eight. She had breakfast with her brothers, went on a morning walk through the fields, went grocery shopping for her mum and made sandwiches for lunch. Then sat down in the garden and for the first time in forever read a book. At around four Gareth came back from work, and an hour later Claudia completed the family.

It was a few minutes before six in the evening. John and the twins had settled down in front of the TV in the living room and were closely observing Manchester City's starting eleven.

'Why isn't he starting Grealish? He's in top form currently.' Elijah said but did not turn away from the TV screen.

'I don't know but I'm sure Pep's got a plan behind it.' Gareth told his son.

'I sure hope he does.' Simon commented.

'When did you boys turn into City fans?' Raven asked as she placed her hands on the back of the couch.

Gareth tilted his head back and answered: 'Oh, they talked to most of the English lads back at camp. They seemed to have made a good impression.'

'I see. What are your predictions for the game?' Raven asked.

'2-0 City.' Simon exclaimed.

'3-1 City.'

'2-1 Arsenal. What do you think?' Gareth said.

'Difficult question considering my limited knowledge about the Prem. But I guess I'll agree with Eli on this one.' Raven said and sat down next to Gareth on the left part of the L-shaped couch.

'You're watching with us?' The man said surprised.

'Yeah. Why not? It might be fun.'

'Could you please stop screaming at the ref? He's only doing his job!' Raven said after her brothers had been moaning about almost every decision the ref made against Man City.

'Yeah, but he's not doing it right.' Simon argued.

Raven shook her head. She never understood how people could blame the referees in football.

'Oh, should I remind you of the last time we were in the London Stadium together?' Gareth said. Raven had been a West Ham fan since her primary school days. They had just captured her attention because they seemed really down to earth back then. To this day she still enjoyed going down to London, sitting in the stands and singing her lungs out.

'Well, the worst thing I said is that I hope he steps on a Lego with his bare feet.'

'Oi, that's mean!' Elijah said and turned away from the screen for a Second.

The first half ended without a single goal being scored by either team. Haaland had two promising chances and Odegaard had hit the crossbar. But Raven's focus had really only been on John. Her verdict was that it should not be allowed for anyone to look that good playing professional football. His hair looked so fluffy that it reminded her of a cloud and his tattooed arms looked brilliant in the light blue shirt.

The second half had just started. Raven was scrolling through her social media for a bit. And then cheering erupted around her.

'YES!' The twins screamed standing in front of the couch.

Raven looked at the TV screen. They were showing the replays of what had been a brilliant shot from John. Then the camera went back to the live feed and Raven could see John and a few of his teammates celebrating by the corner flag. John was hugged by them, then he turned around, faced the camera and made a bird-like figure with his hands. Upon seeing that celebration a smile spread on Raven's lips.