15

On Saturday morning the mailman rang at Raven's door. She accepted the parcel that had her address scribbled on it in sloppy but nice-sloppy handwriting. She sat back down on her couch where she had been sipping a cup of coffee. Using scissors she carefully cut the box open. Inside was a Manchester City paper bag and a white piece of paper with sloppy handwriting on it.

'For blending in. Hope you like it. x John'

Raven started smiling and already had an idea of what was going to be in the bag. And she was right. Inside the bag was a sky-blue Manchester City jersey. She turned it around and her smile grew even bigger at the sight of it.

'Finney 01'

It was a nod towards her engagement in STEM and she absolutely loved it. And Billie did too because when she had returned from taking a shower the cat had settled right on the blue piece of fabric. Raven grabbed her phone, took a photo and sent it to John.

----------

Raven

Thank you.

*sends picture*

He loves it just as much as I do.

John

That's nice to know.

I'll see you after the game x

Raven

Good luck x

----------

Raven spent lunchtime eating a salad and watching some Gilmore Girls. Billie was cuddled up in her lap and fell asleep halfway through the first episode.

This time around Raven felt a lot calmer accompanying the City fans to the Etihad. She blended right in with the crowd wearing her brand new Finney-ManCity-jersey, loose ripped jeans and white Converse. Raven used her walk to the stadium to people-watch a bit.

There was a man in his twenties. He was wearing a Haaland jersey and had his arm wrapped around his girlfriend's shoulders. And while he looked at the stadium, she only had eyes for him. What a lucky man he must've been.

Next to a group of five middle-aged men walked a family. The mamas holding hands with each other and their two boys on either side of them. They shared a quick kiss as they waited to go through the security check.

Walking in front of Raven, there were two women around her age. They had the same long silky blonde hair and were rocking very similar-looking black over-knee boots. One was wearing a Grealish jersey and the other one had thrown on a simple white mini-dress.

'Come on, Alice. It's gonna be fine. This could be the day you take the first steps towards becoming a WAG.' The one with the Grealish-jersey said.

Raven shook her head. She just could not understand why people wanted to specifically date footballers or athletes in general. It usually came with making a lot of sacrifices and the press hungrily waiting for you to slip up according to societal norms and expectations.

'Raven. How are you?' Becca asked as she pulled the young woman into a hug. Raven returned the gesture.