16

'Now I really want a cat.' Isa said while stroking Billie's fluffy white fur. The cat was clearly enjoying his life at that moment.

'WE'RE NOT GETTING A CAT!' Erling shouted from the living room. He must have heard his girlfriend talking while John and him were picking out a movie to watch after dinner.

'BUT HE'S SO SOFT!' Isa shouted back.

'I'm pretty sure Raven would like to keep her cat.' Erling said as he entered the kitchen.

'I have to agree with Erling on that one.' Raven added. She was sitting opposite Isa as the Ratatouille was baking in the oven.

'But we could watch him when you're out of town, like next week.' Isa argued.

'You could definitely do that.'

'Then I guess we're becoming cat parents for a weekend.' Erling gave in. Isa smiled up at him and then back down at the cat in her lap.

'Why is that?' John asked as he walked into the kitchen too.

'Raven's visiting her sister next weekend and we're getting temporary custody of Billie.' Isa explained before Raven could.

'Ah, nice. What do you have planned?' John wanted to know from Raven.

'We're meeting up with an old friend of mine, going shopping and watching the Hammers' game on Sunday.'

'Well, you're lucky we're playing away next Saturday.' John said smiling at the young woman.

'Why would that be?' Raven looked into John's eyes with a challenging expression in her town.

'Because I'd have to kidnap you otherwise. I need my biggest fan in the stands.'

'I don't even own a shirt of yours.'

'We can change that.'

'I'd appreciate it more if you got me a Declan Rice West Ham one.' Raven said grinning.

Half an hour later the quartet sat at the dining table in Raven's living room. They were enjoying dinner and chatting, Raven and John sitting next to each other and Isa and Erling on the other side.

'And how did you meet?' Isa asked before having another bite of Ratatouille.

'Well, my stepdad is his national team's coach.' Raven explained.

'Your stepdad is Gareth Southgate?' Erling said surprised.

'Yes, my mom and he met when I was eight, on holiday in Ireland. But I surprisingly never really had an interest in the game myself.'

'But you still come to the stadium?' Isa asked.

Raven smiled: 'Oh, that's really just about the whole experience for me. I don't know of any other opportunity where you can feel so much energy and emotion in one place because of the people there.'

'So you don't watch us play?' John asked curious.

'Not all the time. Especially not when I'm in good company.' Raven answered looking at Isa who smiled at her in agreement.

After dinner, the two women cleared the table while the men put water and popcorn on the couch table.

'Well, what are we watching today?' Isa asked as she sat down next to Erling. Raven took the place between her and John.

'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.' Erling said as he spread a blanket over him and Isa. She cuddled up to his side and he put his arm around her.