Chapter 9

Their relation was like the Sky and the sea , she never got what's above him and he never understood what lies within her .

Sanidhi woke up earlier than usual .

Sanidhi - Hmm it's still 5 am?

Sanidhi tries to get some sleep but in vain her thoughts are surrounded on the photo album she spotted on attic the other day , curiosity won it's battle .

Sanidhi - Perhaps there is no harm in looking at a few photos before he wakes up .

As she slowly gets down the ladder with a bunch of albums in her hands .

Manohar - Should I make some coffee ?

Sanidhi - Omfg gosh you startled me
(As she dropped the albums from her hands )

Manohar - Geez sorry .

Sanidhi - It's fine , Did I wake you up?

Manohar - Nah it must be the cat next door she's a sneaky one though .

Sanidhi - Oh didn't know Savitri aunty has a ,,,,, wait I got that, that's mean .

Manohar - Hmm so you were looking into my photo albums ?

Sanidhi - Yeah sorry , was kinda curious , I'll keep it back ?

Manohar - It's alright you can see it carry on .

Sanidhi - Carry on ? Won't you join me?

Manohar - I've seen them already .

Sanidhi - Wah Mr obvious this isn't some movie or series it's your photos it's meant to be seen again and again .

Manohar - Sometime later .

Sanidhi - Sometime later ( imitating Manohar  ) just join me you Vampire .

Manohar - fine .

Sanidhi - Is this your mother ? She's so pretty and boy you're with her in almost every photo .

Manohar ( with a smile on his face ) - yes that's her , I never used to leave her side .

Sanidhi - Yes i can see that and who is this lady, you seem pretty close to her too .

Manohar - That's my aunt My mom's younger sister .

Sanidhi - I'm yet to see a photo where you haven't shown your teeth , how often did you smile ?

Manohar - Constantly .

Sanidhi - What the hell happened now Vampire?

Manohar - Hmm life ?

Sanidhi - Cliche , but really what happened why are you so isolated .

Manohar - Can we change the topic please?

Sanidhi - OK but you can talk to me if you want you know ?

Manohar - Look Sanidhi thanks I appreciate your concern but .

Sanidhi - But what Manohar?

Manohar - it's just that you try hard just when you think everything's going as expected it hits you hard deep in the gut , we can't write our lives sadly.

Sanidhi - But we can focus on what's in our Control and put our efforts there?

Manohar ( Breaks into a smile ) -
Perhaps yeah , you just have an answer for everything don't you ?

Sanidhi - That I don't know , by the way .

Manohar - what ?

Sanidhi - You have your Mother's smile don't keep it hidden .

Manohar - Thanks I guess ?

An old photo falls from the album as Manohar picks an album, Sanidhi picks the photo .

Sanidhi - who is he?looks so serious .

Manohar - That is Mr Dwarkanath vasitha .
Sanidhi - Dwarkanath vasitha? Wait isn't your Name Manohar Dwarkanath vasitha?? Is this your father ?

Manohar - yes

It hit Sanidhi that she hadn't seen a photo of his father till then , and she sensed the change in Manohar's expression .

Manohar - I'll take a walk , need some fresh air .

Sanidhi - OK let me change into my joggers.

Manohar - Would you mind if go alone this once?

Sanidhi - You're still recovering I don't want you to go alone .

Manohar leaves the house not paying any attention to Sanidhi's words

Sanidhi - OK please don't go too far , you shouldn't overwork yourself .

Sanidhi's words fall to deaf ears as she stands at the door looking at Manohar leave , she catches a glance at Savitri aunty .

Savitri - Good morning Sanidhi.

Sanidhi - Hi aunty Good morning .

Sanidhi keeps staring at Savitri aunty as she's getting in her house .

Savitri - Sanidhi is there anything you need to say ?

Sanidhi - Ah no aunty it's nothing .

Savitri - To me it seems you have a lot of questions, you can talk to me when ever you want .

Sanidhi - Aunty wait , yes can we talk?

Savitri - It's about Manohar right ?

Sanidhi - Yes and ,,,,,

Savitri - And?

Sanidhi - About me .