Chapter 18

The barren lands , the dry leaves and the empty branches reached his hand up in the sky praying to see her again ,

Rain......

Manohar enters his apartment, his lips involuntarily utters the word Sa , reality hits him before he could finish the sentence .

Manohar - I forgotten how quite this place was .

Manohar walks Into the kitchen and makes himself a cup of coffee ,He stares at the empty cup of Sanidhi with a little smile on his face and makes a little cheers to the cup .

Manohar - I'm glad I've come across you thank you for everything Sanidhi .
Manohar gets a call from Anoop

Anoop - Hi so you back ?

Manohar - Yeah just got back .

Anoop - Hmm how are you holding up?

Manohar - I'm fine lol , a bit sad yeah but I'm fine .

Anoop - I still think you should've told her .

Manohar - Trust me it's for the best .

Anoop - Hmm want to hang out for a bit? For a drink or something .

Manohar - Nah think I'll pass , a bit tired .

Anoop - OK sure .
Manohar spent the whole night reminiscing the days with her and how much change she had bought .

He wished he wasn't that hostile to her at first and wished he hadn't yelled at her when they first fought.

He never imagined he would set up his garden again or reconnect with his family but most importantly to smile again .

Manohar takes out his phone to see the photo of him with Sanidhi, her voice echoed in his head and the words she said never lose that smile .

Manohar - I won't  .

Manohar opens the call log to call her but resists .
Manohar - Some other time.