Chapter 2

Sanidhi - Mr Manohar Dwarkanath vasitha , hi I'm Sanidhi .

Manohar - Hi Sanidhi,,,,

Sanidhi - Oh you might've not recognized  me ,I kinda helped you when you fell into the lake sorry I mean when you had an accident, how is your leg by the way ?

Manohar - Yeah I'm feeling better and yeah I did recognize you, thank you for helping me that day .

Sanidhi - You don't have to thank me , Glad to see your doing better .

Manohar - Yeah but how did you ,,,,,,

POV - Manohar's neighbour Savitri sees the two and stops by for a conversation .

Savitri - Hi Manu feeling better now? And who is this girl is she you're friend?

Manohar - Hi aunty yes feeling much better now and no she's not a friend .

Savitri - Oh are you from some NGO Maa?
( After taking a glance at Sanidhi)

Manohar - No Aunty she's actually the one who helped me during the accident .

Savitri - Manu how rude of you to talk to someone who saved your life at the door step , invite her in give her some coffee or tea .

Manohar - of course aunty I was about to do that
( In his mind - I definitely was not but now I have to )
Manohar - please come in .

Sandhi - Thank you nice place
( pauses before finishing the sentence as she saw a mess of an apartment )

Manohar - Btw how did you get my name and address?

Sanidhi - Oh I got it from your Driving license from your wallet, I mean you dropped your wallet that day and I wanted to return it to you .

Manohar - I thought I lost it at the hospital ( proceeds to check his wallet)

Sanidhi - I hope everything's in there .

Manohar - Yeah everything seems to be right , the notes feel crisp though .

Sanidhi - yeah I kinda dried it and gave it a press they were pretty damp after you know you fell in the lake .

Manohar - you didn't really need to put such effort.So is there anything I can do for you?

Sanidhi - Actually there is .

Manohar - OK what is it?

Sanidhi - I'm a nurse and I'm looking for a new job but I'm in need of money .

Manohar - And how may I help you with that?

Sanidhi - Well i can take care of people and looking at your state you need someone to take care of you. So,,,,,

Manohar - Let me stop you right there I'm thankfull for your help but i don't need any caretaker so I'm sorry but I can't help you with this .

Sanidhi - Sir please I really need this job I didn't get any leads,,,

Manohar - So you jumped right at the guy who fell in the lake , Maam there are plenty of people who need help and I'm not one of them good luck .

Sanidhi - Sir trust me you're in a really bad shape and i can help you get better .

Manohar - I have to ask you to leave please .

Manohar shuts the door at Sanidhi's face as she walks out

Sanidhi - I just saved your life and this is how you respond? Please sir I really need your help .

Manohar opens the door and let's Sanidhi in again

Manohar - There's a spare room at the right and here's the kitchen if you need anything call me and you can call me Manohar .

Sanidhi - So is that a yes?