Chapter 13

It's beautiful what little things can do , a little bulb can brighten an entire room just turn on the lights .

Sanidhi - I'm so glad you agreed to go .

Manohar - Don't keep your hopes high I might run back halfway .

Sanidhi - No you won't you're still not good enough to Run might as well rest easy I'm sure there's plenty of chairs for you at the wedding.

Manohar - You're pretty mean you know that ?

Sanidhi - And you act like a baby you know that ?

Manohar - I'm getting late we can fight later .

Sanidhi - So you are interested to go ?

Manohar - You'd wish , I'm just a punctual man .

Savitri - Sanidhi stop pulling his leg , Mano you're looking really handsome .

Anoop - Mr Handsome, if we're ready can we leave? I have other work too .

Manohar - Yeah I'm you're all acting like I'm going to school for the first time .

Sanidhi - That's cause you're a baby .

Manohar - I'm gonna deal with you once I'm back , let's go .

Anoop and Manohar reaches the venue

Manohar - I'm still not sure about this bro .

Anoop - it's going to be fine just go .

Anoop starts his bike .

Manohar - Why are you starting the bike you told you'll drop me back if I don't want to go .

Anoop - Yeah I just bluffed .

Manohar - You'll get it from me you all will .

Anoop - Enjoy the wedding bro .

Pov Manohar 

As I entered the venue I could see some known faces squinting their eyes trying to remember who I was , hmm had I been away for that long .

Just as I entered the hall I saw a teenager , my niece last I seen she was a little kid how quick time passed by , there's no way she'd recognize me now , but I was wrong

She made her steps towards me and glanced my face .

Nidhi - Mamma? Is that you .

Manohar - Yes Nidhi it's me , you've grown so much but how did you recognize me .

Nidhi - Oh we keep stalking you on social media every now and then , btw you haven't posted for a longtime .

Manohar - Oh is that so , btw where is pammi Chikki ?

The little search my eyes spent came to an end as I saw Parimala chikki who was rushing towards me , for a moment I felt as if I saw my own mother again .

I could see the tears rolling down her eyes she wasn't fighting it .

Parimala - Manu you're really here?

Manohar - Yes chikki I am .

Soon everybody noticed my presence and I was surrounded by a circle , my cousin brother embraced me in a long hug , my uncle patted my shoulder by Sister beamed with a big smile I could day she was glad I was at her wedding .
A warm feeling filled my heart after ages the happiness in their eyes and their endless questions they weren't anyone else .

They are my people ...

My mind felt a calmness that was missing for ages as I spent a quality time with my cousin's , the wedding went great and it was my time to leave a part of me wanted to stay longer .

My heart thanked Sanidhi a lot for making me do this .

Manohar - Chikki it was great seeing you all .

Parimala - It was great seeing you too Manu , please visit us whenever you can .

Manohar - I surely will .

Parimala - But I'm still surprised you came , you were avoiding my calls .

Manohar - I'm really sorry chikki , I was kinda lost a friend helped me see things clearly.

Parimala - A friend?

Manohar - Story for another day chikki , see you soon .

Manohar took a auto back to his house .

Sanidhi - You look tired how was the wedding? Were they happy to see you? Did they feel bad cause you avoided them?
Say something Manohar are you angry with me ?

Manohar pulls Sanidhi in for a big hug.

Sanidhi - I take that you're happy?

Manohar - Thank you Sanidhi .