Ch. 6 Smile through the pain

3rd Person Pov.

The beating was brutal. Daryl's face and body aches but he was okay.

He was okay because when he was being dragged to his cell, he saw Milee's cell door closed. He could feel the socket from Milee's room in his pants pocket. It reminded him about her.

Once the men left, be crawled towards the hole and listened. He could hear her struggling breath. She was in her spot like always. His eyes shut and he shuttered a breath of relief.

He knocked like always.

••••    •     -•--
H      E     Y

••••     ••
H        I  

---    -•-
O     K    

-•--    •-
Y       A 

--•   ---       -     ---          -•  ••-  •-•  •••   •
G    O        T    O          N  U    R    S   E

-•--   •    •••          ••       -••  ••   -••  
Y     E     S           I        D    I    D

---    -•-
O     K

••-      ---    -•-
U       O     K  

-•--    •- 
Y       A  

Before Milee could continue the conversation footsteps were heard footsteps coming down the empty hallway.

They both halted their knocks and Daryl rushed over towards his spot against the wall by the door. It was odd someone was down here so late, but it's a possibility and Daryl didn't want to chance anything.

"Daryl? " Sherry's voice whispered

"There's so many things I wish I never found out... I wish I didn't try... Back in the woods... after I lost Tina... when we took your stuff, when we decided to go back... I told you I was sorry. And you said, 'You're gonna be'.... I am. "

Her speech ended and she walked away.

He knew she was sincere, he could see it when they met in the hallway and he could hear it in her voice now. But he didn't take it to heart.

Then, the damn song started again. He moved over to the wall near the hole and sat like he usually did with his head on his knees. Milee shut her eyes and sighed in relief. She was relived no one came to hurt him.

They both just sat there, enduring the music like always until Milee couldn't hold her eyes open anymore. She was told she's gonna have to be in her cell while she heals so she just slept on the floor.

~~~
The next day, Milee woke up to her door opening. A woman was there with a tray of food. She was someone Milee saw often, but the she never spoke .

The woman dropped off a tray of food for Milee and walked off, locking the door behind her.

The tray was filled with a simple sandwhich, some apple slices, a water bottle, and a small stack of crackers.

At least she gets to eat properly while she heals.

Milee sat up with a surprisingly loud groan. Clutching her side with a pained face. Hell, even breathing hurt sometimes.

She grabbed the tray and sat against the wall like always.

--      ••      •-••
M      I       L