four:﹙exile﹚

CHAPTER FOUR !
exile

"contains; blood, killing"— proceed with caution

— proceed with caution

The following morning unfolded with a flurry of bustling activity in the city

The following morning unfolded with a flurry of bustling activity in the city. Numerous protests clamored for justice, demanding that Fisk be locked away once more in the prison he rightfully deserved.

Inside the bakery, the news broadcasts resonated throughout the day, their reports echoing against the walls. Y/n, positioned behind the counter, leaned in with one elbow, fixated on the screen as her eyes absorbed the unfolding events.

Silence enveloped her as if time itself had frozen, her being consumed by the weight of the overwhelming information. Leah, a steadfast presence by Y/n's side, refused to leave her alone during this tumultuous time.

She understood Y/n's seething rage, the desire to seek vengeance against Fisk, but also the danger it entailed, knowing he was protected within a heavily guarded hotel room. Meanwhile, Karen diligently documented every detail, keeping thorough records for Y/n's benefit.

On her phone, Y/n contemplated a strategic plan to remain in close proximity to Fisk.

She navigated through websites, researching prices and accommodations at the President's Hotel. However, the chime of the door interrupted her train of thought, signaling the arrival of one of the first customers of the day.

In walked a nun, radiating a bright smile upon her face. Y/n promptly sat up, lowering the volume of the television and replacing her somber expression with a warm, cheerful smile, ready to attend to the customer's needs.

"Welcome, what can I get you?"

Sister looked at the menu for a second before just shaking her head and turning to look down at Y/n. "Um...What do you recommend?"

"Carrot or Rasberry cupcakes" Y/n recommended looking over the way at the cupcakes. "Gluten-free, Dairy free- everything free" She laughed a bit about how ridiculous it sounded.