↳ ❝ [ BEGINNING ] ¡! ❞

[A.N - just a heads up but english is not my first language so i may make mistakes every now and then, also im sorry if i make some characters ooc, im trying my best!! other than that, pls enjoy ty]

Once an average human girl, who had an average, not very well life. Something thoroughly mundane, not enough to be interesting. This girl didn't have many goals and only wanted to pass her college.

The only thing keeping her from doing anything crazy was her escapism to fiction. Specifically, a show and novel called 'Land of the Lustrous.' It was a show that was about crystals who fight sky-people named 'Lunarians' so that they don't get turned into jewelry.

And she liked that show. No, she loved it. And somehow, she felt so attached to the main character, Phosphophyllite, and even felt bad for them. The pain that poor Gem must have felt cause of those moon-dwelling monsters. They went through so many stages of pain and suffering and even endured about ten-thousand years of agony just because the Lunarians wanted to turn into nothingness.

Oh, she felt bad. Miserable, even. If anything, if she could turn back time for Phosphophyllite, and if only she could be there for them and protect them, then she would want nothing more.She read what seems to be the last chapter of Land of the Lustrous, feeling many emotions, especially grief.

She yawned, before turning off her phone. "...Poor Phosphophyllite.." She muttered. "If I was there for you, I would never let you and the others go through all that.." She said, before drifting off to sleep.

.

And then she felt something, no, someone. They were gently shaking her awake. "...Hey... hello?.." What? Who was that? Is she dreaming right now? "Hey.." She grumbled for a bit; didn't she also live alone?

"Hey!!" The voice yelled, and she immediately sat up. "Wh- huh?!" She tried looking at them but then realized that she couldn't see. "Ah.. ahh!!" She couldn't feel her eyes and started panicking. "Woah wait, relax!--" Without warning, she smacked the person beside her, only to hear a crack and then something falling to the ground.

And then another voice spoke. It was... a man? Sounded like an old man. "Oh, dear. The new gem must have panicked. I will take care of them; you take care of Phos." He said before another voice spoke. "Yes, teacher."

Wait, Phos? That sounded like Phosphophyllite's nickname. Did she... No, that was probably a coincidence, she was probably just dreaming.

She then heard what sounded like someone picking up something solid, no, multiple of them, before she felt herself get carried. She tried struggling from their grasp, but to no avail, so she just gave up.

She was laid on what seemed like a bed, though it wasn't very soft. The man then spoke again. "I will fix this gem. Rutile, you fix Phos." Okay, yeah, she was transported to the Land of the Lustrous. But she was just dreaming, right? She would wake up soon.
But it was too real to be a dream...

She'll just have to wait..

.

.

After what felt like forever, she still hasn't 'woken up', but they did fix her. She was now named Star Sapphire, or Star, for short. Her Mohs Scale is 9, her gem color was blue with a unique structure, making her have a star-shaped shine to her, and they didn't ask about how she already knew how to speak. They just thought she was special.

But Star Sapphire already knew what would happen, and she hoped she hadn't been born here too soon. She looked everywhere, before seeing Phosphophyllite beside her 'surgery' bed. They seemed normal, no agate legs, and no gold and platinum alloy arms. "..." Phosphophyllite was currently being glued back together.