↳ ❝ [ ENCYCLOPEDIA ] ¡! ❞

[A.N - i procrastinated (also cause school and personal problems and wtv). BUT IM BACK AND BETTER!!.. again... uueee]

The next day, Phopsphophyllite was stuck on staring at the notebook they held in hand. '..By the way..' They thought to themselves, until Morganite walked beside them, acting suspiciously innocent. "'I wonder what a natural encyclopedia is supposed to be!'." They said, mimicking whatever the teal crystal had in mind. Out of nowhere, Morganite's hands slowly slid to the notebook, then immediately snatched it, catching Phosphophyllite off-guard.

"Wh- Huh?!" Phosphophyllite exclaimed, trying to grab their notebook back."That's not what you're thinking, righ- Oh." Morganite thought they were writing something already, only to see.. "It's.. all blank." Morganite said, slightly shocked. "Hey!" Phosphophyllite frowned. "You threw a fit over having to do it even though you only have a vague idea of what it is? I'm appalled." They said. "No!- Ugh, morganite.." Phosphophyllite paused, before continuing again.

"You're so pink, but you're violent, and-" "-Cool." "And haughty, and-" "-Cute." Phosphophyllite turned to Morganite with another frown at the add-ons they gave, and Morganite just shrugged. "Are you trying to be mean?" They asked teasingly. Phosphophyllite just shook it off, mind going back to the notebook. 

"A natural history encyclopedia.." A certain blue crystal muttered, and both turned their heads to them. It was Star Sapphire, alongside Goshenite! "Well, I think it's mostly something that records and categorizes everything in nature." She said, crossing her arms and smiling at Phosphophyllite. "Sapphire.. M..My lord and saviour!" Phosphophyllite beamed, going to the Sapphire. "Are there examples?" Phosphophyllite asked. Sapphire thought for a moment. "Like.. um, the bugs by the beach and the plants and everything else, I guess?" She murmured, not very proud of her answer. "And?!"

Star Sapphire sweat-dropped, before turning to Goshenite to help her out. Goshenite turned to Phosphophyllite. "Well.. we already know everything that's useful, so maybe things we haven't heard of yet..?" They suggested. "C'mon, what else?!" The teal-tinted gem asked.

"The three of us aren't really familliar with this stuff, sorry.. Our jobs are mostly patrols on the sky." Star Sapphire said. "But, I can help you research some stuff- If I could even be of any help.." She said, and Phosphophyllite smiled cheerfully. "Well, I wouldn't mind having my junior helping me out!" They said proudly, and the other three just sighed.

"I have a suggestion." Goshenite muttered. "You can.. go to Cinnabar. They might know a lot about these types of stuff.." They said. Both Sapphire and Phosphophyllite turned to Goshenite. "Cinnabar?" They both asked.

"You mean that Cinnabar?" Phosphophyllite questioned. "The red one who always seems to be alone?" Star Sapphire added, though she knew where this was going already. "Why don't you both ask them?" Goshenite suggested, standing beside Morganite. "Well, I'm sure if you're suggesting them, they can help us a lo-" "No way! I can't even get close to them! And I haven't spoken to them a single time!" Phosphophyllite shrieked, and Sapphire just glanced at Phosphophyllite with concern. 

"I think they'd be the one to go about this, though.." Goshenite muttered, and Morganite waved at Star Sapphire, before going to leave with Goshenite for their patrol. "Well, we'll leave it to you both- Especially you, Master Scholar." They said, and Phosphophyllite immediately froze, an expression of joy struck on their face. "M..Master Scholar.." They repeated to themselves. "Heh, what an idiot." Morganite muttered to Goshenite, before finally walking away now. 

Sapphire turned to Phosphophyllite, who was now sitting on the floor, contemplating. "Hm? What's up, Phos?" She asked, leaning down slightly to check on Phosphophyllite. "It's just that..  If I'm gonna ask Cinnabar, then I might as well ask Teacher.. But that's gonna be even worse." They muttered, which made Sapphire giggle. "What, would you be in half a day of lecturing?" She asked, and Phosphophyllite just sighed again. "Yeah.. but I just can't figure it out on my own- but I wanna make a big discovery.." Phosphophyllite then turned to the blue gem. "..Hey, you said you'd help me out, right?"