Chapter 1: Cute.

Chapter 1

June 3, 2006

Maggie’s POV

“Maggie Wilson?”

“Right here.”  Smiled brightly at the head counselor and she gave me a small smirk back.

“Okay that’s it. Wait, is Charles Nicholas here?”

“It’s Charlie actually. And yeah, if you see me I’m here.” He smiled and I couldn’t help but stare along with every other girl in camp.

“Hey sweetheart, take a picture. It’ll last longer.” Charlie winked at me and I turned around quickly. Sweet mother of God he called me sweetheart.

“Ugh, you are soo lucky! He barely talks to anyone here! ‘Specially girls.” A girl came from behind me and spoke. She was very pretty, with long blonde hair and brown eyes.

“He is pretty hot.” I smiled.

“Hot? He’s freaking perfect!” She giggled. “I’m Macie Jones.”

“Maggie Wilson.” I turned a little to see the Charlie guy staring at me, his eyes were beautiful.

“Hey, sit by me at dinner tonight!” She smiled widely and ran off. I turned around sharply, starting to head to my cabin. I looked down for a minute, examining my converse, but when I looked up my eyes met blue ones.

“Erm, hi?” Oh my lord, he was even more beautiful up close.

“Hey. I’m Charlie Nicholas.” Oh I know exactly who you are, I wanted to tell him.

“Maggie Wilson.” He smirked a bit.

“So, how old are you, Maggie Wilson?”

“14. I’m in 8th grade. Well was.”

“Cute.” Really? Being 14 isn’t cute, I’m practically a woman for Pete’s sake!

“I guess. How old are you?” I tried to speak as calmly as possible.

“15, I’ll be a sophomore next year.”

“Cute.” I smirked at him. He chuckled a bit.

“I like you Maggie Wilson.” My heart pretty much skipped a beat at those words.

“I like you too Charlie Nicholas.”

“Friends?” He smiled and stuck a hand out.

“Friends.”

Supper

“Maggie!” Macie yelled across the mess hall. She waved and pointed towards the table, smiling big as possible. I made my way over, looking around at all the unfamiliar faces. But there was one familiar face in the crowd, Charlie. He waved at me and I smiled back, my heart fluttering a bit. But this was stupid, I’d spoken like four words to him, must’ve been the eyes.

I sat down next to Macie and took a swig of my tea.

“What’s up?” I asked, trying to get a conversation started.

“I saw you with Charlie.” She stated slightly coldly.

“Yeah, so?”

“Maggie, he’s really hot and all but I’m not sure you wanna hang around him.”

“Well, why not?”

“He’s too secretive, there’s something dark and deep about him.”

“What do you mean?” I glanced over at Charlie, who was staring at me.

“He’s trouble, Maggie. Bad news.” I shivered, was he really? He seemed super nice and cute, and every girl seemed to be in love with him. But girls do seem to like bad boys a lot.

“Okay. I won’t talk to him anymore.” I sighed and glanced at him one more time, but he was gone.

Charlie’s POV

“Okay, that’s it. Oh wait, is Charles Nicholas here?” The camp counselor, Suzie spoke. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

“It’s Charlie actually. And yeah, if you see me, I’m here.” I smiled a little wider, knowing all the girls were looking. I looked around at all of them, trying to find someone attractive. I really looked now, noticing a girl with strawberry-blonde hair, and big blue eyes. She was looking at me and biting her lip, making a small dimple pop out on her cheek. Damn.

Hey sweetheart, take a picture it’ll last longer.” I winked at her and watched the blood rush to her cheeks as she turned back around sharply. I chuckled a bit and continued to watch her talk with a blonde girl. I had to admit, she was pretty nice looking, so I guess I’ll just have to talk to her later.

The big meeting or whatever ended, so everyone was supposed to head back to their cabins, but I went over to the girl. She turned around and looked me right in the eyes, and I smirked a bit.

“Erm, hi?”

“Hey. I’m Charlie Nicholas.” She looked up at me and blushed, knowing well that I was staring at her.

“Maggie Wilson.” I smirked a bit more; her voice was smooth, like how you’d imagine a singer’s.

We talked a bit more and she walked off quickly, heading to her cabin. She was cute, really, heading to her cabin. She was cute, really cute in fact. But she seemed too innocent, like she was afraid of what was going on around her. We would have to work on that, her and I.  

I could almost imagine us going out. But it’d never work. I’ve not stayed in a functioning relationship ever, and as much as I wanted to I couldn’t do it.

Besides, there was no such thing as love anyway.

_________________________

Chapter uno! Okay I know this chapter is really bad and short and stuff but just deal with me please.

MUAH!(: