Chapter 2

Chapter 2

June 9, 2006

Maggie’s POV

One week. One week since I haven’t made contact with Charlie. To be honest it was hard. She was developing feelings for Charlie, even if she didn’t want to. He stared at her a lot, but was always seen with this pretty brunette. Whatevs.

It was 11:30, but I still couldn’t sleep.

“Ugh.” I lifted myself up and out of the bed, quietly opening the door to the outside and sitting on a picnic table. I hummed a little bit of a song I had heard on the camp radio yesterday, looking at the stars.

“Hey, I know that song.” I shrieked and felt a hand clamp over my mouth. “Maggie, don’t scream!” He whisper-yelled. I turned quickly and once again, my eyes met blue ones.

“U-um, Charlie?” I stuttered. What the hell was he doing here?

“Hi Maggie.” I gulped, Macie constantly reminded me that Charlie was bad news, and I was a bit scared. I looked up at him. Stop staring at me! He had issues with that.

“What do you want?” I spat, scowling at him.

“Woah babe, what’s up your ass?” Charlie smirked and glanced around the outside of the cabin. I scoffed and rolled me eyes.

“You’re trouble Mr. Nicholas, and I don’t need any trouble.”

“You are really gonna believe what people say? And we’ve had what? Two conversations?” His voice rose as he was suddenly getting angry. I began to feel bad, he was right. How did Macie even know? Charlie and her haven’t even had one conversation.

“Oh. I-I’m sorry, I guess I didn’t-“

“Didn’t think to even try to get to know me. Typical.” His voice had softened a bit as he stared at me. “You’re just like everyone else, Wilson.” He folded his arms over his chest and kicked a lump of dirt on the ground.

“But I’m not Charlie, I’m not like everybody else.”

“Prove it.” I grabbed both sides of his face and pulled him closer, smashing my lips on his. His hands made their way to my waist, pulling my body closer. I moved my hands from his face to the back of his neck, while he massaged my hip bones with his thumbs. His lips were smooth, but rough at the same time, I couldn’t even explain it. It felt right. But this was wrong, so very, very, wrong. We didn’t even know each other, so why on earth did I kiss him? I pulled away quickly and removed his hands from my waist. I looked up at him slightly, and then looked back down, my cheeks turning a slight shade of red.

“Damn, Maggie. I didn’t know you had it in ya.” I blushed harder and looked to the side.