Chapter 1

AN: Hey there! Just wanted to give you a heads-up that I'm about to dive into a new piece of writing, this time focusing on Alhaitham. I wanted to let you know that while some parts of this story may not align with Genshin Impact lore, I let my imagination run wild to make it as entertaining as possible. So, don't set your expectations too high for canon details and all that jazz. Thanks for understanding, and let's get started!

***

Under the moonlit sky, with stars twinkling above, Kaveh and Alhaitham were startled by a sudden knock on their door. Sharing an apprehensive glance, they realized it was already quite late. Curiosity piqued, they wondered who could be visiting them at this hour.

Kaveh swiftly rose from his seat and discreetly positioned himself out of sight, while Alhaitham approached the door and cautiously peered through the peephole. Standing on the other side were Aether and Paimon, familiar faces but an unexpected sight. Alhaitham promptly opened the door, a tinge of worry colouring his voice as he inquired, "What's the matter?"

Paimon responded with a hint of excitement, "Oh, nothing serious at all. We're here on behalf of Nahida. She sent us to fetch you."

Alhaitham's concern deepened. "Why? What's going on?"

Paimon, now sporting a nervous chuckle, replied, "Hmm... It's best if Nahida herself explains the reason to you. But don't worry, it's not anything dire."

Following Aether and Paimon, Alhaitham arrived at the Shrine of Surasthana, where he found the Wanderer and Nahida awaiting him. "I apologize for the sudden summons," Nahida greeted him, "but I have something to ask of you, Alhaitham."

Surprised, Alhaitham questioned, "Me? How can I help? What is it?"

Nahida gestured toward a massive pod resembling a bouquet of rose-like flowers, its size capable of enveloping Alhaitham's arms. "We've been conducting research in the Irminsul recently, and we stumbled upon this. The Irminsul is in bloom," she explained.

Alhaitham's brows furrowed with disbelief. "But that's impossible. The gnosis is no longer in your possession, isn't it?"

Examining the bud, Alhaitham noticed its distinctive green and white hues. "Do you know what's inside?" he inquired.

Nahida shook her head. "No, but it appears to be alive. I can sense its heartbeat."

"Heartbeat?" Alhaitham echoed, a mixture of curiosity and astonishment colouring his voice.

Nahida affirmed, "Yes, just as I said. It's alive."

Pondering the situation, Alhaitham asked, "So, what do you want me to do? Nurture it until it hatches?"

Nahida chuckled softly, dispelling the notion. "No, it's not an egg. What I need you to do is hide it in your house. We can't afford to let anyone see or learn about it. It must remain a secret, at least for now. Can we trust your roommate, Architect Kaveh?"

Alhaitham hesitated briefly, weighing the gravity of the situation. "It's my house," he finally responded, implying his ultimate responsibility for the decision.

"Very well," Nahida acknowledged, her voice filled with trust. "I am entrusting you with this enormous secret."

***

"Look! It's moving again!" Kaveh exclaimed, pointing excitedly at the bud, his voice filled with awe.

"Can you please lower your voice? We need to be discreet," Alhaitham whispered urgently, glancing around to ensure no one overheard them.

They had been safeguarding the mysterious bud for almost a month now, but it showed no signs of hatching or blooming. Despite this, it exhibited faint movements, barely perceptible yet captivating.