Anamnesis

Anamnesis: n. the recollection or remembrance of the past; reminiscence

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The memory of the kiss from last week's movie premier was still burned into Adalyn's head as she pulled back the covers for bed. She shoved her face into her pillow and let out a little scream. Karen jumped and accidentally ran her pen into her eyeball.

"Dammit Addy. What was that for?" She rubbed her eye. Adalyn giggled. "It's not funny! Look at my eye! It's watering!" That only made Adalyn laugh more. Karen shot her an angry glare before throwing a pillow at Adalyn's head.

Adalyn threw it back but Karen caught it easily. Adalyn stuck her tongue out at Karen and she laughed. "What are you, in second grade?"

Adalyn sat up. "I can't sleep. I'm going for coffee. Want some?"

"Ooh yes please." She tapped her pen against her head and her injured eye twitched. "Get me a doubleshot. I need a little something extra."

When Adalyn got to the coffee shop, even though it was 1:00 in the morning, the line was almost to the door. Adalyn pulled out her phone and aimlessly scrolled through Instagram, Pinterest, and iFunny before she was second in line. The person in front of her was juggling 4 steaming cups of coffee and he didn't realize there was someone ( cough, cough Adalyn ) that close behind him.

Before Adalyn could process what happened, there was scalding coffee all down the front of her and she was yelping from the pain. The guy freaked out and grabbed the entire roll of paper towels. He handed them to Adalyn and she gingerly touched the burned skin.

She looked up and did a double take. There, standing in front of her and holding four now empty cups of coffee, was Asher King.

Worry creased his forehead. "Are you okay? I'm really sorry. I didn't see you there behind me, I swear." He ran a hand through his hair.

Hot. Damn.

Adalyn realized she was staring and quickly tried to regain herself. "Oh it's fine. Not the first time that's happened and it certainly won't be the last." He half smiled.

"Let me buy you coffee to make up for it."

Adalyn felt herself smiling back. "Okay."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When Adalyn opened their door room at 3 AM, you could say Karen was a little riled up.

"Where, in the hell, have you been for the past two hours? Do you know how worried I've been??!" She looked Adalyn over. "And you didn't even bring me my coffee? What-" She paused when she got a look at the wild grin on Adalyn's face. She knew something major had happened.

"Spill. Now."

Adalyn sat down on her bed and explained the movie theater kiss that had happened between her and Asher and Karen's eyes widened to huge saucers.