Chapter 3: A Visitor

I wake up to the sound of a slight drizzle. Not long after waking up and about, I collect firewood under some trees where the rain hasn't reached much. The wood is surprisingly dry and will burn really well in the fire. I continue exploring the area around looking for potential areas to trap. A rabbit burrow would make a nice snare spot but fire is more important at this moment. The drizzle has been consistent but is slowly letting up, only the top of the ground cover should be wet, the tinder and sticks below should be dry. Collecting wood can be hard and tiring work if you don't have something to distract you. Thinking of what to do next is a good way to keep the mind occupied. However after collecting enough wood to last me a couple hours maybe even a day of burn time. With fire available I can now focus on food, a rabbit or two should do me for now although I do have my reserves. Looking for food I can see a buck on the ridge but something is off about him. He just stands there, staring, I think it might be the same buck as last night. I've never seen a deer act so bizarre unless it had wasting disease, but he's just there watching me. I've never seen something so odd and frankly terrifying besides one thing. Something about that buck doesn't sit right with me. It had no fear and was just plain creepy. I shake off the unnerving gaze of the buck and continue searching.