Chapter 5: The Sectatores

3:24 AM

There is a man screaming outside. Armed with my smith and wesson nine millimeter, not even that could prepare me for what I was about to witness. I exit my tent and it's obvious where the man's screams are coming , due north. I use my stealth training to approach the blood curdling screams for help. I make it over the hill to see a small clearing...inside the clearing there was a group of robed figures. They all wore bright red robes that was made orangish by the torch light. One of them had a black hood on who I assumed was the leader. About six of them surrounded the poor man who was tied to some wooden structure. The man had been severely beaten and lashed, his cries boiled my soul. I sat on the hillside in terror waiting to see what would happen next. The leader proceeds to take a dagger with a blade that curved back and forth from a podium. He then thrusts the curved blade in the top of the man's abdomen...and he cuts down all the way to the man's belt line. I couldn't comprehend what was happening before me. His organs were then placed around the wooden structure in a circle. I check my watch and it reads..."3:30AM". I am then disturbed by the cultist chanting in perfect sync: "Ad dominum nostrum te invocamus, ut nostrae fidei signum sumas sacrificium." Shortly after I hear large footsteps. A huge buck with a twisted rack of antlers towers over the cultist, he looks at his followers and the dead man in front of them. The buck, demon, thing, then snorts loudly, he sounds very upset. The buck then grabs one of the cultists with human-like hands and crushes him in his palm. I decided now would be an amazing time to maybe turn off all the lights and get some sleep, if I can.