Chapter 6: Thoughts and Memories

Why am I still out here? I think as I get up and out of my sleeping bag. Was that all a hyper-realistic dream? There's no way something that insane and twisted could be a dream. This place isn't natural, there's something far beyond evil here. Why don't I leave? It's either this or the suffering of my modern life again. I haven't thought much about Jack and Robin since i've been out here though. I haven't had any harm come my way. The worst thing that's happened to me was some weird and creepy views. I'll push my luck and see how long I can stay out in this god forsaken land. My life back home doesn't offer me anything anymore. Robin would have told me to get out of here as soon as I saw that...cult and that...thing, but she's not here now. Jack would have told me to go stop them. Him thinking I was a hero of some sort. I could just see him being so proud of me for lifting a heavy box or opening the lid on a pickle jar. Oh but no matter how strong he thinks I am, there's no stopping that monstrosity. How much longer can I stay out here before I end up like that poor soul at the cult meeting? How much longer can I stay out here before I lose my mind?