𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 |22|

Stop! I have an announcement before you proceed reading. I have started writing two new book. They are also romance books but these two fall in different categories.

The first is: when it goes dark, it's a mystery romance book about a young detective takes on the case of a missing girl from ten years ago, the love interest? The chief of the police. Yeah, it's going to be spicy! Go add it to your reads right now.

The second: wicked games, it's a romance book about a debt collector who kills married men and leaves them into hotels after draining there pockets empty. The love interest? A CEO from a hacking company asked to help catch the killer. Yeah, it's going to be spicy! Go add it to your reads right now.

Wicked Games is a collab book with the amazing writer ilxvelexi

You guys already know about Tainted Lies and Play boy. But if not. ADD IT TO YOUR READS.

You may proceed now.

Bruno's Pov

I angled the binoculars hanging on a thick strap around my neck and peek through them before adjusting them with the button on the side and zoom in closer.

I press the button on the walkie talkie, sending a quick message to Archer, Dad, and Sebastian. "I don't see her." I continue looking through them hidden away in this fake camouflage bush costume I found on Amazon and ordered with Elijah's credit card.

We were currently sitting outside the doctors outside and spying on Ellie. Me, dad, Archer and Sebastian. Dad was hidden in the tree he climbed before Ellie arrived, trying to see everything through the window.

Sebastian was sitting in a cafe, closest to the window watching his surroundings while stealing glances every so often at the doctor's window though a pair of binoculars he ordered off of Alec's credit card.

Archer was pretending to be bird watching on the bench right down the block from the doctors office. And no, he didn't buy the binoculars, he already had a pair—weirdo.

"Did you see that?" A soft, feminine voice says. "That bush just moved." I freeze with the pair of binoculars in my hands trying to stop my movement.

"No." Another voice says. "It's probably just the wind. Come on let's go." I sighed, this costume might have looked like a real bush but it was uncomfortable as hell. And it was itchy like a real bush.

"Bruno." Dad says through the walkie talkie with the sounds of branches and leaves moving in the background.

"Bruno here." I look up through the binoculars and see movement in the room. An older woman—the doctor, stands up and smiles before walking out of the room.

"Oh my god." The girl screeches in a high pitched tone drawing attention. "That bush moved." Her voice moves closer. "It moved again."

Panicking and feeling like my cover has been blown. I pull the walkie talkie off of the jacket and press the button. "I've been caught. I've been caught. SOS." I stand up and run in the opposite direction.

"Oh my god it has legs! Look! It's running away!" I would have turned around and rolled my eyes at her but I barely could see anything in this costume or which direction I was running in.

I should have ordered the blow up dinosaur costume instead. It's not like Elijah would have noticed he doesn't even check his bank statements.

"You're not getting away after trying to scare my girlfriend you creep!" Heavy footsteps trail behind me.