- 𝐈𝐕 -

The next morning, Mirae came back from Nightdom bringing an ointment in the form of a toothpaste tube.

"What's that, Mirae?" you asked while looking at the tube in her hand.

"Oh, this is for your fangs. You have to rub it to your gums where the fangs are so they can turn like human fangs. It will sting a little, but it'll be okay and fast." Mirae explained.

You just nod and obey Mirae's instructions. Not long after applying it, your long fangs disappear and it becomes... smaller? Just like Heeseung's!

"There! Oh my, you look so pretty! Heeseung will love it! Make sure to show your teeth when you smile, okay Y/N?" Mirae squealed.

"Okay! Thanks a lot Mirae, you're a lifesaver!" you said while looking at your changed fangs in the mirror.

Suddenly, water droplets were seen outside the window. It's raining.

"Oh, it's raining! Here's your umbrella, you can use it to get to the cafe." said Mirae, handing you a black umbrella.

"Thank you." you accepted it and got ready to go outside.

"Heeseung hasn't knocked on the door yet. When is he coming?" Mirae asked, you both had been waiting for his knock for a while now.

"I don't know." you replied while looking at your phone.

"Call him!"

Just like what Mirae said, you decided to call him.

📞

"Hey, Heeseung!"

"Oh, hi Y/N! I'm so sorry, I couldn't pick you up cause my friend's here. Don't forget your umbrella, be careful, the roads are slippery outside."

"Okay! I'll be there soon!"

"Alright, see you, Y/N."

After you hang up the call, you start heading to the cafe. A friend? You thought. Heeseung is handsome, caring, smart, no wonder if he has a lot of friends. He probably has tons of female friends.

When you arrived at the cafe, you were quickly greeted by Heeseung and a guy sitting across from him turned his back to look at you.

"Hi, Y/N! Sorry I couldn't pick you up." Heeseung apologized once again. "No, it's okay!" you replied while drying your umbrella and putting it in the case.

"Oh right! This is Jake, the friend that I was talking about. Jake, this is my new friend, Y/N. She just started working here yesterday. Be nice to her." he introduced you and Jake to each other.

"Hello, my name is Y/N." you introduced yourself. "Jake Sim." Jake took your hand and shook it.

"Your apron is on the counter beside the cashier. You can start right away, I still have to finish my business with this guy." Heeseung said, you nodded and walked to the counter.

Heeseung's POV

"Damn bro, she's hot." said Jake, eyeing Y/N from our seat.

"Shut up, Jake. You can date all the girls in this world but not her."

Jake was known as the playboy of the town. He dates the whole town.

Literally.

And when there's a new girl, she's his new target. Despite all that, he's not a bad friend. We had been friends since four, so I know him really well.

"Chill out will you. How old is she anyway?"

"Your age." I replied to Jake's question.

"Perfect." he said, still looking at Y/N who's currently tying her hair to a ponytail.

"Please, bro. Can you not?"

"What's your problem, mate? You like her or something?"

I stayed silent. I would be lying if I say I don't have any feelings for Y/N.

"What if I do?" I just bluntly confessed. It's better than Jake dating her and then breaking her heart, I thought.

"Well. Fine. If you like her then, what else can I do? Alright, I have a date to go to. See ya later, mate."

With that, Jake left and I began to start my shift.

-

"Are you done with your friend?" you asked Heeseung who's walking towards the counter. "Yep. He's such a pain in the ass, I swear." Heeseung replied and made you laugh.

"Are you ready, guys? I'll open the cafe." said uncle Joohyun, walking out of the storage room.

"Yes, uncle!"

You worked like usual that day and were exhausted.

"Are you tired, beautiful?" Heeseung looked over at you when you were leaning down on the counter, sweats coming out from your forehead. "A little.." you replied with a smile. This time, you showed your teeth.

"Woah.. you showed your teeth." said Heeseung, still staring at you.

"Yeah.." you chuckled at his cute reaction.

"You're pretty, Y/N. No wonder Jake likes you." Heeseung said with a small voice, but you can still hear it.

"Huh?" you asked, wanting him to repeat what he said. "No, it's nothing. I think you should rest, you've been working really hard today. Let me walk you home."

You and Heeseung walked home after saying goodbye to uncle Joohyun.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Heeseung?" your impulsive thoughts wins over you.

Shoot. I did not just ask that.

"Uhm. No. Why do you ask? Are you.. somehow interested?" Heeseung suddenly walked in front of you and turned his back, a smirk was seen on his face.

There he goes again. Making your heart beat faster than usual.

"Nope. Just asking." you simply brushed it off, pretending you're "just fine".

"Okay."

You asked Mirae while you're laying on your bed that night. "Mirae, can a vampire date a human?"

"Hmm. This is the first time I received that kind of question. But the answer is no." Mirae replied.

Well something definitely broke.

"Oh. Is that so?"

"Yes. Unless..."

"Unless?" you asked curiously.

"Unless you turn them into a vampire as well. Then you can date them and even get married!" Mirae explained.

"How do you turn them into a vampire?"

"Bite them on their neck. Leave a mark." Mirae's statement left you silent.

"Why? You want to do it to Heeseung?"

"What? No! No, no, no!" you immediately came back to reality and denied Mirae's words.

"But, you do have to be careful, Y/N. Biting them means that you're taking their blood. They could just die. That's also one of the factors why humans are scared of us, and hate us."

Sigh. Humans really hate vampires, huh.