Chapter 1 - Rain

I just got off from work and it was raining so hard, fortunately, I brought my umbrella. I hesitated at first because it is pouring way too heavily. However, I wasn't in the mood to just stay in the office and the reason is that I got embarrassed in front of Adam whom I have a crush on. I know I don't have the right to be upset but it just really felt bad.

I step outside after I got the courage to face the downpour. I was walking at a regular speed but I notice my shoes became wet. Ugh! I sighed out of frustration. I'm thinking I made the wrong decision and should wait for the rain to stop.

Suddenly, a man asked me if I can share my umbrella with him. I was surprised and thought this just happened in the movies but I realize it isn't romantic at all under the not-so-good weather condition. I said yes because I would be rude if I say no, right?

We stopped under the shed of the bus stop. He noticed that my clothes were partially wet.

'I'm sorry about your clothes. Let me make it up to you. Can I get your number so that I can contact you to pay for your clothes?"

"No, it's okay. Thank you."

"I feel bad and it's not okay for me. How about if I treat you to a coffee instead."

I suddenly felt excited and never thought that this day would have a twist. From being ignored by the person whom I'm interested in for a while to meeting this man under an unusual circumstance.

I want to lift my mood and accepting this offer isn't bad so I agreed and gave him my number.

"I'll keep in touch. Bye for now."

I smiled and bid goodbye.

Then it hits me that I just gave my number to a stranger however I just shrugged it off. "Let's see."

I got on a bus and luckily found an empty seat. The rain already stopped and thought I should wait earlier for it to stop to avoid my shoes getting wet but if I did that I wouldn't meet the man earlier. So I guess it's worth it.

The music that was played in the bus was a love song and the melody is really soft and slow which is close to being a lullaby. After a while, I dozed off for a few minutes.

I woke up at the right time and I am very close to my house.

I got off the bus and walk for about three minutes towards my apartment.

I am living alone in this new city where I recently relocated to work as a team member of an entertainment company. I usually travel to scout locations for magazines, events, films, and music videos. I really enjoy my job since I love planning events and traveling at the same time. My name is Erika and I'm twenty-six years old, single, and the eldest sibling in our family.

I never had a serious relationship before and all of it was just a fling so I count myself as having No Boyfriend Since Birth Woman.

My motto for a romantic relationship is to not settle for less and it's either all or nothing. I rarely have a crush on someone and Adam caught my eye.

He is one of the directors in our company and totally my type. Adam is a smart-looking guy that wears glasses and black clothes but is very handsome and looks dependable. We have not talked much since I joined the company a year ago so it is really a bummer.

I remember the first time I saw him, he looks like the main male lead from a romantic comic book. His voice is so gentle and just by looking at him I couldn't help but smile. I like him so much.

One time, I was waiting in the elevator when he suddenly showed up. It was very early in the morning and I haven't been pampered yet. I'm just covering my face with a mask and could not say hi and good morning or even look at him. The elevator suddenly open and it was just the two of us. I can feel that I'm hardly breathing while looking at his back.