Chapter 5 - The Scent

The smell of the room was filled with alcohol.

Adam was wasted and is now lying on the floor.

Erika realized that she may not be the reason why Adam did not go to work today.

Should she call Dino? she thought but dismissed the idea as that might make the situation worse especially she does not know why Adam is acting like this.

Erika helped him get up from the floor and assisted him towards his bed.

It is a good thing that she works out and lifts weight most days of the week which she was able to put on a good use in this situation now.

On the other hand, Adam still did not realized that someone is helping him as his senses are blurry.

He fall asleep.

Erika's main reason in going there is to apologize to him properly but she could not do it right now with Adam in his current state.

She decided to go out from the building and buy some hangover food for Adam as she thought it might be rude to use his kitchen in making a food without his permission.

After a while, she is now back at his room.

She put the food in the table and leave a note saying:

"My apologies in entering your room when I hear a shattered glass inside. I came here to properly apologize with what you saw happened to me with Dino.

Please accept this food as a way of my apology and regain your strength.

P.S. Whatever you are going through right now, I pray to God that you will overcome it soon"

- Erika

***

It was weekend and Jeza is doing her favorite hobby which is shopping. She went into a perfume shop and found the bottle of her favorite scent.

Upon reaching the bottle, someone grab it first.

"Excuse me. I found it first."

When she looked, it was Nate.

"Hey" said Nate.

"My apologies, here you can have it." added Nate and gave her the bottle.

"That is okay, you can have it." Jeza answered with awkward smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, but I'm surprised that a man like you would love to wear that scent. No offense! I'm just surprised."

"No worries. I take no offense and this is actually not for me."

"Oh I apologize again for misjudging you." she felt embarassed.

"It is fine. Can I take you for lunch?"

"Why?! Just kidding, sure I'm actually starving now."

"Alright, let me help you carry those bags."

"You are indeed kind." she murmured

"Did you say something?"

"Yeah, I mean how kind of you. Thanks"

***

They are now sitting at the restaurant and waiting for their food.

Nate broke the awkward silence between them.

"Actually Jeza, there is something I need to tell you."

Jeza was not surprised and said, "Right, that explains this lunch invitation."

"I hope you take no offense. The thing I want to tell you is ..." the food just arrived then Jeza said.

"Well, since the food is already here. Can we eat first. It can wait right?"

"I agree and I am also hungry now. I will tell you on what I want to say after eating.

"Good! Shall we?"

They eat faster than the the time they spent waiting for the food.

"Alright, now tell me."

Nate was nervous but took his courage.
"So Jeza you are indeed very beautiful though very straightforward in talking but overall kind and....."

"That is enough flattery as you have said I am straightforward so please be one as well?" she interrupted.

"Okay, I actually already like someone that is why I was not that good in treating you during our date."

"I know." Jeza said

"You know?"

"You are way to obvious."

"I see. The person that I actually like is Erika."

"Wow! That something I did not know." she replied.