Chapter 20- Ashton

"Lucy," I whisper shaking her shoulder. "Luce." I sit at the head of the bed she rolls over her head falling into my lap. She continues to sleep.

"Five more minutes Daddy." She mumbles.

"Luce," I groan, "Wake up. It's time to go! You're going to be late to your church thing if you want to go home first."

"Oh my gosh!" She shoots up and out of bed grabbing her shoes and slipping them on, "I have to go!"

"Calm down Lucy." I laugh at her and grab her wrist to stop her scrambling. "Breath!"

"Ashton Jacob Blake, are you laughing at me?" She asks standing in front of me.

"Luciana Grace Sterling, it appears I am. What are you going to do about it?"

"I'll see you tonight." She says racing out the door. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Blake!"

~

"Reservation for Blake." I tell the hostess Luciana looking around excitement in her eyes.

"Ashton Blake, reservation for two?" She confirms. I nod tugging gently on Luciana's arm as she walks to the table.

"Ashton, it's amazing!" She gushes once the hostess leaves. She's still staring at the place in wonder.

"It's a small restaurant."

"But it's so homey and classy at the same time!"

"You're adorable." She ducks her head and her cheeks redden.

"My name is Lyndon, I will be your server, can I get you anything to drink?" he asks us. I look to Luciana who finally looks away from the painting. She looks at the menu but I can tell she's not reading it.

"Water please." She blushes looking down.

"Same." I tell him. He nods and walks away. "Luciana," she turns back and looks at me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," she confirms. "This place is amazing."

Lyndon returns with our drinks, "Are you guess ready to order?"

"Chicken Linguine Parmesan." She says.

"Tortellini with the pink sauce." I tell him. "Oh, and some bruschetta for the table." He nods and walks away. I slip into the booth next to Luciana putting my arm around her shoulder. She rests her head on my shoulder.

"Thanks for the amazing night," she whispers curling up closer to me. "I'm really enjoying myself."

"So am I Luciana." I whisper back to her pushing her thick hair behind her ear and kissing her cheek. She buries her face in my neck, smiling.

"One bruschetta for the table." Lyndon says putting down an appetizer dish of bruschetta.

"Thanks Lyndon." Luciana says looking up at him for the first time. Both their eyes widen in shock. "I'm just going to run to the ladies room." She says pushing me out of the booth so she could get out. She then goes on to sprint to the bathroom.

"Is there something I'm missing?" I ask him. He looks toward the bathroom before sitting down.

"I can't tell you. But if you ask her about it she might explain everything. Key word being might." He tells me standing back up. "I'll go get your food." He walks back to the kitchen.

"Is he gone?" Luciana asks me. She sits back down carefully.

"He's got to bring back our meals." I answer her, "So you wanna fill me in on what happened between you and the waiter?"

"Not here. Not now." She says as Lyndon comes back she stares intently at the plate on the table.

"One tortellini in pink sauce. And one chicken linguine Parmesan." He says placing the plates on the table.

"Thank you." She says not looking at him.

"Anything else?" He asks. I shake my head. He walks away and she begins eating slowly. We're in for a long night. What did he do to her?