Chapter Two - Tortured

[Please take a moment to vote for the chapter! Thank you very much!]

Two days. That was how long Riley had been in the dark room. Hart had almost forgotten about him until he saw the torn shirt on the hallway floor. He got rid of it quickly. Then he continued going on about his day, forgetting about the boy downstairs.

He wasn't doing it on purpose, he just had a lot of things to do. He cleaned the entire house all by himself, and all it took was exactly two days. There were a lot of blood stains on some parts of the house. Especially the windows. He couldn't just leave them there to dry. And not to mention that it was getting kind of dusty.

Sometime during the night, after the sun set and the moon appeared, Hart pulled his jacket on and began his well-constructed plan to torture the man named Riley. The house was soundless except for his footsteps as he marched down to the basement. Hart hadn't heard Riley ever since he shut him in the dark room, but it was expected since it was sound proof.

The entrance to the dark room wasn't always made out of technology. It once used to be just a plain door with a lock. But Hart learned the hard way that a human would do just about anything when full of fear.

And because of his past mistakes, he had to enhance the security around his house. From an outside perspective you'd think that the old-fashioned house he lived in was . . . well, old-fashioned. But behind those walls sparked technology not found in everyday homes.

The door could only be opened with a code. And what made things even more interesting, no one knew where to enter in the numbers except Hart. It was hidden, invisible, somewhere on the wall where only he knew the location.

Next to the mirror, that was where Hart entered the code. He watched himself as he did, staring at the dark circles under his luminous blue eyes. He fixed his leather gloves and gripped a knife in his right hand. Metal clicked loudly as the door began to open slowly. He positioned himself in front of it, waiting for Riley to strike at him, but he didn't.

Either he was asleep, or he was afraid. Hart didn't know which. He was used to people running out immediately and fighting him. But this time it was quiet.

Hart went in, turning on the lights. Something he noticed was that no one ever turned on the lights. They preferred to be in the dark. The switch was available to them. But in the end the darkness was always good.

He didn't see Riley at first, not with all the bodies. But he found him in the farthest corner of the room, lying in a fetal position, his back to the entrance. With the knife by his side, Hart stalked towards Riley, passing by the bodies and stepping over puddles of blood as he went.

Riley heard Hart's footsteps and quickly sat up. He must have been asleep. It would explain why he didn't freak out when the lights went on. Riley also had dark circles under his eyes. His eyes were red and his cheeks were wet; he had been crying. He was a mess, looking like he had fought fear and lost.

When Hart approached Riley and saw the state he was in, he calmly tucked away the knife in a white, with gold trim, handkerchief and put it away in his pocket. Hart extended out his hand to Riley, and Riley looked utterly confused. He stared stiffly at Hart's hands and made no move to grab it.

"Please, we have much to do," Hart told him, nodding at his still elevated hand.

"Stay away from me," Riley replied sharply, his voice smooth without a single hint of nervousness. He was a strong one, that Hart knew.

Hart pulled his hand back, forming it into a fist and hearing the leather rubbing together. He had to remind himself of what he was doing, why he had taken Riley in the first place. So enough with the chattering, it was time to work.