Chapter Five.

Charlotte's Pov.

We started dancing, and somehow, my body felt familiar to Engfa's touch.
I felt very comfortable with her even though I didn't know much about her.
There was a part in which she had to throw me up in the air and catch me again.
"Do you trust me?" She asked me before practising the throw.
"I do," I said.
I trusted her with all my life at this point.
I closed my eyes and felt her hands on my waist.
And before even I knew it, I was flying in the air.
That moment will forever remain in my heart. It was truly an unforgettable experience. I felt free again.
Then I looked at the ground and saw her spreading her arms to catch me.
She was making sure, I don't fall and I believed in her.
I fell perfectly on her arms and looked at her in happiness.
"We did it!" I said.
"We did," she said, looking happy that she hadn't dropped me.
The teacher came and selected me and her to perform in the middle, and he also selected our both friends.
Faye was not selected, but she said that she would perform in solo.
He agreed as well.
Faye looked at Engfa, and Engfa smiled at her.
Something inside me didn't like that.
But who was I to forbid her to talk to others, right ?
We practised very hard, and finally, our choreography was done.
We decided to meet after school to practice.
"The park sounds nice," I suggested.
Engfa looked at me and smiled shyly.
I knew why she was so happy in the mention of the park. She had her first date over there.
We went to our house and decided to meet there after 1 hour.
I was exhausted and decided to take a nap.
But I couldn't sleep. As I rolled in my bed, I saw the drawer. The urge to read the diary took over me again, and I went forward to read it.
I opened the drawer, picked out the diary, and went to lay back in my bed.

**************************************

Dear Diary,

  I don't know what to say anymore. I don't know how I am feeling right now. I am having mixed feelings right now.

The school organised an award distribution for all of us, and I was happy till then.
I received gold medals and many praises from the teachers and the principal.
She was supposed to be here. She had promised to be there but she wasn't.
She kissed me yesterday, and I thought, I would confess my feelings to her, but she wasn't there today.
I felt empty the whole day. I didn't like anything anymore.
I felt very alone all the day.
I thought she was ill as, after school, I went to her house but she wasn't there.
Sadly, I went to my house and decided to go for a walk to clear my mind.
I reached the park and decided walk in  there but I wasn't ready for what I saw there.
She was there, sitting on the bench.
I ran towards her but stopped immediately when I saw someone besides her. She was with a boy. He seemed a little older than her.
I decided to hide and listen to what they were talking about.
"Thank you for spending the day with me," he said, looking straight at her.
She looked away and nodded her head and said, "You're welcome. There wasn't any important thing to do today anyway,".
That broke my heart.
Today was very important for me but to her it was nothing ?
He held her hands all of a sudden, making her surprised.
"I love you," he said.
That was it. Those three words broke my heart completely.
Without even waiting for her response, I ran away from there.
I couldn't bring myself to hear her say
'I love you' to someone else.
I locked myself at the room and just cried my heart out.
If we were nothing, then why did she kiss me ??
Why did she held my hands ??

I felt very bad today. I didn't even go down for dinner. I just wanted some personal space now.
Writing on you makes my heart light, so I am writing this, but now my heart can't take it anymore.
I need to cry. I need to let it go.
Bye.