Chapter Ten

*** 7 years later ***

Engfa's Pov

I looked out of the window. It was cloudy today. Maybe it would even rain this afternoon. I turned back at my office and saw the picture, I have always kept it on my desk. The picture means very much to me. It was a picture of me and Charlotte, black when we were young. I still remember all those beautiful moments with her. I had never thought that we would end up like this, but what has been done can't be undone.
There were many times when I wanted to go back to her, but I couldn't bring myself to go to her after I left her.
I still regret leaving her, but maybe she doesn't remember me and now has a happy life.
I always remind myself that she doesn't even remember me, so I won't go back.
I have achieved extreme success during these seven years.
I am the CEO of my company.
My company is very famous for its asthetic vintage dresses for both men and women. I have become a billionaire thanks to it.
Not only that, but I am also a public figure. People pay me millions to wear their designs.
I have fame and money unlimitedly, but I lack love.
How I wish to bring her back in my life, but.
I have a very important meeting today.
It is with our rival company. The company also designs aesthetic dresses and is our biggest enemy.
It's either their or our company to set trends every time. I have never met the CEO of that company, though.
The CEO is very secretive.

Today will be my first time meeting them.
I went in front of the mirror and fixed myself. Oh, I look good as always.
I get why all those ladies are literally on their knees for me. I am everything they could wish for. But, sadly, I don't have anything with me.
Without her, I have always felt empty.
My secretary, Nudee, came and informed me that the rival party are on their way.
I was always in contact with my best friends, Nudee and Heidi.
Heidi has become a very famous model, and Nudee is my secretary.
She was the one who helped me with this company, and I owe her everything.
Nudee and I went and took a seat at the meeting room. They weren't here yet, but it's nothing wrong to be prepared, right ??

***

Charlotte's Pov

I put on my suit and did a little makeup. I have a meeting with my rival company today. This company is the only company to ever face my company. It's either my company or their company in the fashion news, every day.
Our company makes asthetic vintage dresses that people love. So, do they make asthetic vintage dresses.
All the models and actors are seen wearing either our or their designs.
I am quite a fan of their designs and ideas, but mine are better. Today is a very important day for both company.
As I was walking out the door, I stumbled and hit my desk. A photo fell from the album. I took it and stared at it for a minute. It was of me and her.
I wonder where she is right now.
I haven't seen her since seven years but, there's not a single day that I haven't missed her. I have always kept her in my heart no matter what. She is a very important person in my life.
She must have grown up to be a very beautiful lady now.
I often wonder what she looks like now.
As I was thinking about her, my phone rang. It was from my company's team.
They told me to go straight to the meeting and they will meet me there.
I put down the photo and went outside.
This will be my first public appearance.
I haven't showed myself to the public yet. I just don't want fame that's it.
Fame changes a person and I don't want to change.
I took my keys and got inside my car. I am also very known for my car collections though. I love cars.
I got my favourite black lamborgini and drove to the address. My team was already there and so, were the paparazzi. All the cameras were pointed towards me the moment they saw my cars. All the security team rushed towards me and signalled me to come out. I felt nervous as this was new to me.
I gathered courage and opened the door.
The moment, I opened the door, all the paparazzi were taking pictures of me.
They were amazed, looking at their reaction. Everyone gasped as I walked to the rival company's building. People were rushing towards me and pushing eachother to get a photograph of me.
I hate to say it but, I kinda enjoyed it.
My manager opened the door for me and I walked inside it.
The inside of the company was very luxurious. It was designed in a modern way. I found it impressive. All the employees stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. They were staring at me and I heard them talk about how beautiful I was.
"This way, ma'am," my assistant designer said, leading towards a room.
As I was getting near the room, my heart was beating crazily. I felt my hands shaking. This was strange because I know that I was not nervous.
" Then what is this feeling ?" I asked myself.

As I  entered the room, I felt my heart stop.
It was her. She was here.