Guilt (#4)

Hi guys, again it's been a while. I'm really sorry that my upload schedule is slowing, but if you request things, I can start sooner. I'm also gonna start taking full story request, NOT guaranteeing that I'm going to write it, I just want to know what you guys want to see. 

Alright, on to the one shot

Request by ME

I watched as the lifeless body fell to the ground, knowing it was all my fault

Earlier

It was a normal day, just like any. Skye and I were hanging out at the park, and the others were playing frisbee back at the lookout. I had recently confessed my feelings towards Skye, and we were spending as much time together as possible. Whether it was sleeping together, and even staying close during missions, we were practically inseparable.

We were on the swings in the park, enjoying the sunset. There was some small talk at first, but things escalated, and before we knew it, we were talking about our future.

"We could get a small house near the beach, every night we could sit in the sand, and watch the sunset." I got carried away pretty quickly, and I soon forgot that I was talking out loud. "And maybe on some days-holy cow am I still talking?" Skye giggled at this. "I think wherever we end up, it won't be very far from here." I smiled at her, and she smiled at the ground. "As long as I'm with you." Her smile disappeared, and it was replaced with a lifeless gaze at the ground, as if she was dreaming. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, beginning to feel concerned. Had she been turned off by the idea of spending the rest of our lives together? "Yea- yes, yes I am." She responded unsurely. She looked up from the ground but the expressionless face remained unchanged.

We sat in complete silence for a while, and I was pretty nervous. I had no idea what was wrong, but if there was something that was bothering her, I wanted to know about it. I just didn't want to try to force an answer out of her if she wasn't comfortable with that. Honestly, I wasn't great at the whole "dating" thing yet.

It was then that our pup tags beeped. "PAW Patrol, to the lookout!" Skye and I exchanged looks, happy for a distraction. We both ran all the way back to the lookout, racing each other. As we were heading back, I noticed some dark clouds surrounding adventure bay. Skye beat me to the elevator by about a step, and Marshall slipped on a beach ball on his way in, and we were in a big pile by the time the doors closed.

When we reached the top, Ryder explained our mission. Chickaletta (no surprise there) had gotten stuck on top of town hall. The dangerous part of that, was there was an eagle on top of a nearby tree, eying the chicken. So, Ryder needed Skye to get him down, and Marshall and I were on standby, in case the eagle got too close.

As we headed out, thoughts of Skye circled around my head. Maybe she didn't actually, and she just took pity on me. I didn't want that to be the reality, but it might.