Flustered (#5)

"E-excuse me??" I was a complete mess at that point. Looking back on it, I have probably never been so confused and nervous at the same time. 

Request from TylerThompson752

I stepped outside, breathed the fresh air and felt the cool breeze of the morning

I stepped outside, breathed the fresh air and felt the cool breeze of the morning. Little did I know, nothing could have prepared me for what the day held for me.

I yawned. I hadn't had a great sleep the previous night, but it was enough for me to function, so it would have to do. 

When I reached the lookout, the place was buzzing. We all had a busy day ahead of us, and some were eating, and some were gearing up. I had to help out at Katie's parlor, which was weird to me, since I was the only one who was allergic to cats, and there was sure to be tons of cats.

I ate my breakfast, and by the time I was gone, most of the pups had already set off to do their own things. I made my way over to my cruiser, and set off into town.

I enjoyed the nice peaceful car ride. It was sunday, and most people weren't out and about yet. The sound of the motor was distant, and I let myself be lost in thought. I almost fell asleep, but I was able to snap out of it right before I crashed into a house.

When I finally got there, I braced myself. There would probably be a lot of sneezing. When I burst through the doors, Skye and Katie were already giving a bath to a cat. "Skye?" I asked, confused. "Am I in the wrong place?" Skye laughed. "We're working together today. A lump appeared in my throat. Whenever Skye and I did anything together, I was always a nervous mess, for reasons I don't need to state. "O-oh, okay." She smiled, and I felt my insides go warm, as they usually did.

A few customers came in throughout the day, but it was mostly uneventful. Skye was extra talkative for no apparent reason, but she's just like that sometimes. Before long, it was time to head back for the day. The feeling in my stomach didn't leave when we left though. Although we drove in different vehicles, her helicopter was just barely hovering over the ground beside me. I wondered why she wasn't high in the sky like she should be. It wasn't safe to be this close to the ground. She caught me looking at her, and she looked right back, and smiled. I turned away immediately, and I felt my face heating up. I felt her eyes burned the side of my head, but I glued my eyes to the road and kept them there.

After the most uncomfortable trip i've ever experienced, we got back to the lookout. And I went to go see if the other pups were back, and what they were up to, desperate for a distraction. I found that nobody was home yet, and it was just me and Skye, alone. I'm not ready for this. I thought as I looked for a way to get out of the situation. I watched as Skye walked through the glass doors of the lookout, and to my surprise, Marshall followed. He must have just gotten home. Relieved, I called out to him. "Hey, Marshall!" He smiled. "Hey! The rest of the pups are going to see a movie in half an hour. The theatre is about a twenty minute walk, if you'd like to walk there with me." Happy for a distraction, I enthusiastically agreed. But the escape wouldn't be that easy. "Can I join you guys?" Skye asked. "Sure!" Marshall replied, without skipping a beat.