Episode 15.5

The golden-haired knight, carefully adjusting her cloak, sat opposite Lady Ning and the princess. On the other hand, the lady of the house leaned forward. Her delicate fingers traced the intricate patterns adorning her goblet. "Pray, reveal thy name," she commanded.

The knight inclined her head respectfully. "I am known as Jimin, milady."

Curiosity flickered in the Lady's eyes as she looked at her. "Would it be acceptable for you to adopt a disguise?" she inquired. "This would entail forsaking your sword on occasion."

Jimin's gaze shifted to the princess. "As long as I remain in the presence of thy grace, I shall embrace any guise," she pledged.

Lady Ning nodded, understanding the knight's devotion. "Minjeong, in her concealed identity, shall adopt the humble role of a farmhand," she disclosed. "Would you also be inclined to assume a similar facade?"

Confusion flickered briefly across Jimin's countenance, "Minjeong?"

"That is the name by which our princess shall be known," The lady clarified.

Understanding dawned in Jimin's eyes as she connected the dots. "I comprehend," she affirmed. "I am willing to undertake the role of a farmhand, though I must confess, milady, that my knowledge of tending crops is rather limited."

A warm smile graced Lady Ning's lips as she reassured the knight. "That poses no hindrance. I shall enlist the aid of our head farmhand to instruct thee both," she says with a soothing tone. "The knowledge of your true identities shall remain a secret between us."

"Now, accompany me," the lady of the house beckoned, rising from her seat with fluid grace. She motioned for them to follow as she led them toward a nearby chamber. "I shall provide you with garments that befit thy roles. Those cloaks arouse suspicion."

Lady Ning guided her esteemed guests into a lavishly adorned bedroom, its opulent tapestries and ornate furnishings exuding an air of elegance.

She extended a fresh set of clothes towards the knight. "Jimin, this shall be your temporary abode," Lady Ning declared.

Jimin's brows furrowed with concern as her gaze fell upon the solitary bed within the room. "Pardon me, milady, but I must inquire, for there seems to be only one resting place."

The lady's eyes sparkled mischievously. "Indeed, good knight, for there is only one of thee," she replied with a coy smile.

The knight's gaze shifted to Winter, seeking support and understanding. "Yet, I must be in the constant presence of the princess—"

"Minjeong," Winter corrected.

"Apologies.... I am bound to remain in the presence of Minjeong... that means at all times," Jimin amended.

A rosy blush crept across Winter's cheeks at the knight's words, "Nonsense," she interjected, her voice carrying a note of authority. "We shall each have our own chambers if it's alright with Lady Ning"

The lady's face flushed at the sudden call of her name from the royal. "Ah, yes, of course, Princess Minjeong," she stammered, attempting to regain her composure. "That was, indeed, my original intent"

"But—"

Winter cut Jimin off with a firm look. "Jimin, please, change your clothes instead," she commanded, her tone gentle but authoritative. Winter took the courtesy of closing the door behind them, leaving the knight to her preparations.

As Jimin removed her cloak, her eyes caught sight of a stain upon her garments—a telltale mark of spilled blood. She brought the fabric closer to her nose, inhaling deeply.