Chapter 12: Planet California

" Today, you're gonna be singing a new song that Gina made for you at Planet California, the biggest venue in all of Colorado." Mom said. " That’s a big step forward," Tina said. " We've gotta get to the Sound Studio to make sure that your vocals are ready for this performance since it's your first time singing on the stage. This is where your career gets another elevation... by singing at Planet California!" Mom said, jingling her keys around her finger, which means that she was ready to go. At the studio, Tina’s crew is trying to figure out how Tina should enter the stage.
" Tina. How do you wanna enter the stage?" Dad asked. " I think they’re gonna have me enter through the cube... from the sky!" Tina said.
" That’s a dynamic entrance... you could fly up in a passe or with straight legs." Fiona says. " This performance at Planet California is your first time singing in front of a huge crowd," Mom says. " These people expect you to arrive and make this performance yours. We know that you're the type of performer who's explosive with your dance style and music. That's what makes your performances exceptional from the rest of the industry. I mean, you’re a hard-core contemporary dancer who's 100% driven and focused, and you're a superstar with posters and huge crowds that support you, and they come to your shows for entertainment. That's the image that you have to portray with every rehearsal and the hectic preparation that comes with raising a star to be born." Dad says. " Planet California is all about the performance," Tina says.
" You’re gonna have to show them that you're mature and advanced with your training and your stretching, which is supposed to pay off for all of your concerts, especially Universal World, which is big." Mom said. At the studio, Tina practices some new material for the performance. The next day, Tina practices warming up her turns and practicing those iconic flips that come with her routinely changing choreography that's renewed with every new location and new performance. " This performing schedule is gonna be very, very busy in the next few weeks, and there's no time to have any days off, I mean, you’re doing nonstop performances, and participating in talk shows with the hottest stars and other stuff like that so you need to be on your game and never stray from your busy expectations from the crowd," Dad said. " I need a private lunch or an interview with Danny Gokey to talk about random stuff. Then, we can talk about collaboration opportunities on music videos and movies." Tina said.
" Great. That's a step up in your career." Mom says. At the hotel, Tina listened to her setlist of songs that she's gonna perform the next day.
" Do I have to improvise any of the lines in any of the songs?" Tina asked. " No. Just make them a little more extra than they are. That's all we want you to do now." Fiona said. Later that night, the stage lights illuminate the way for people to find their seats as the previous act leaves the stage, and Tina prepares to enter and start her amazing performance. " And now... Tina Miller, the youngest superstar, is coming to the stage." The announcer says. " And now... Tina Miller, the youngest superstar." The MC says as Tina drops down from the sky in the see-through cube like a falling comet, which goes with her new song: Get Up to Go Down. After the performance, Tina heads backstage and grabs a bottle of water, and some cheese sticks as a little snack before dinner at home. " The next performance is Reality TV Awards in Manhattan, New York. Vocals play an important part in how well this performance goes... you’ve got 2 weeks to learn how to give an award speech, or I'll pull the performance, and your manager is gonna have to find another public speaking opportunity at another venue in the neighborhood that's closer to home and your mischievous little brothers... they miss you, and they wanna be with you all the time. It's really hard when I have to tell them that you can't come home all of the time." Mom says. " So... Reality TV Awards is next, huh?" Tina asked.
" Yeah. The venue is in New Jersey, and you're gonna walk the carpet first and then it's hair, makeup, and getting you to the stage before the audience arrives and begins taking their seats. The award is going to a Christian artist who's very successful and has lots of money." Dad said. " I wonder who it is," Tina said. " We can't teach you now... you’ve gotta wait until tomorrow when we're in our hotel room at Marriott Bonvoy. We've luckily been able to pay extra for a luxury suite. It's 18 feet of extra space for all 5 of us... and your suitcase is full of costumes and props from past performances and dressing rooms, which are huge. I mean, only the best for the best." Dad says. " I know. But I'm the superstar who earned myself a spot in Hollywood as a performer and a celebrity who makes great content for her followers to enjoy on any device in any location with Instagram and Twitter. But I do want my privacy away from the crowd and the media. That's why I have tinted windows on all of my transportation." Tina says. " The tinted windows are to ensure that we get privacy all the time, especially when you need it." Mom said. " Your manager is Gloria, the coffee shop worker. She quit her job after we promised her a raise that's three times more than her coffee shops earnings." Dad said. " Cool. I love Gloria's personality and how well she works with everyone." Tina says. " Tina. Do you have your credit card?" Mom asked. " Yep. But can I get more allowance, please? $5,000 just isn't enough for me." Tina said. " No, Tina. You're already spoiled enough because you buy a lot of things that go over the spending limit that we put on your cards." Dad said. " Alright. Well, it was worth a try." Tina said.