Chapter 5: Things to Do

" Tina, we've got lots to do to prepare for Universal World... which is in 8 and a half weeks, so we need to figure out what costumes you're gonna wear, what songs are gonna be performed in what order and we've gotta hire backup dancers with experience, instead of dancers who are still learning," Mom says. " I have a vision for my outfits," Tina says.
" What's the vision, and is it appropriate? I don't wanna start arguing with you about a couple of simple outfits." Mom asked. Tina pulled out a beautiful green and red romper that her wardrobe artist made, followed by a shirt that was painted on by Patrick and Micah, and a shirt with musical notes in a colorful background. " Wow, I like it. It's a beautiful romper, and I can see you dancing in it on stage." Mom says. Tina breathes a sigh of relief because choosing an outfit that Mom would approve of is hard because she doesn't want it to be too revealing or something too flashy. " Now that the outfit is chosen, we need to get you back on your training and conditioning. Go change into your sweatpants and oversized shirt. Then we can go to Gina's Voice." Mom says. At Gina's Voice, a place where dancers freshen or refresh their exercises, Tina starts stretching her legs. " Nice job, Tina. But make sure to fill your ribcage when you twirl." Tommy, Tina's one of the exercise coaches," said. " Right, filling my ribcage means that I'm getting air into it," Tina says, practicing her breathing exercises. Later, Tina refines her vocals to make sure they sound perfect for upcoming shows, especially her biggest show in Florida at Universal World. " Great job with your breathing exercises Tina, remember to stretch your diaphragm." Gabby, Tina's vocal coach, says. " Yep, even though it hurts, I know that I need my voice to be perfect for the singing part of my career to take off," Tina said. " Good job, you're gonna be the best singer, dancer, and the best chef superstar in the world," Gabby said. " Thanks, I'm gonna be an amazing star who rules the world with her music," Tina says. " And you'll be that person with some training and lots of practice before the Universal World performance in Florida, the performance that determines your future as a triple threat and a worldwide performer," Gabby says. " That's in 8 and a half weeks, so we need to make sure that you're ready when the time comes with these small performances with 50,000 to 70,000 people before your big performance in front of 4 million people who've supported you through thick and thin," Mom says. " I know I'm gonna amaze the crowd because I've done that at all of my other shows," Tina said. At home, Tina shows Dad the green and red romper that she's wearing for the big show.
" Wow, this is a great outfit for the show. Does Mom agree with this?" Dad asked. " Yes, she's on board with the romper, and the only thing I need to worry about is perfecting my routine and keeping up with my conditioning and training," Tina said. " And making sure that all of your homework gets done before you drive off to any of your booked shows," Dad says. " I will, I'm gonna get my homework done one or two weeks before any show I'm supposed to go on-stage for any performance," Tina said. " That's great to hear, but I don't wanna see you stressing about homework and shows because the most important thing for us is that you're happy while performing and that you enjoy every minute that you're on-stage with the crew... even if stuff goes wrong," Dad says. " I think that I'm gonna make it to the top of the billboards for child stars. That's my main goal in this busy industry." Tina said. " That's a good goal to have. Just make sure to always follow your heart and stay true to your goals until they become your reality." Dad said. " Yeah, I can't wait for people to see my beautiful face on billboards, so they get to know me a bit better," Tina says. " These are grown-up artists, who perform for lots of people, so you've gotta bring your A-Game to this concert because lots of musical people are gonna be watching, and if this concert goes well, more people are gonna want you to open up for them, so you've got to be dramatic and bring the energy," Dad says. " I will. That's my favorite thing to do. Being a dramatic, amazing performer and an inspiring diva personality who makes music come alive." Tina says.
" Great, because this is another big stepping stone to the biggest concert in the world... the Universal World concert in Florida! All of this exposure is helping you get to the biggest concert of your life in Florida, with thousands, no millions of people watching you, this big-shot star who's taking shows every 2 weeks, training every Sunday, and living a luxurious life that other people can only dream of." Dad said. " The important part of my career is that I top the charts for Child Star of the Year and that I impact other people's lives with my music," Tina said. " This is what you love, what you do for a living, and I think you've already started doing that because you bring lots of energy into your performances and that's what people need when they come to your shows." Mom said. " Wow, I guess I'm making headway toward my goal. I've gotta keep doing this for the people who need it most." Tina said. " Yeah, your songs are supposed to bring hope, a sense of peace, and encouragement to people that need it most, like the lost ones who don't wanna come to a church," Dad said. " And the show in Florida will help do that... for up to 13 million people! So, all of these smaller shows with 100,000 or 200,000 people are just the beginning because as Tina gains more popularity, she's gonna perform for bigger crowds at bigger venues that are more expensive than the last one." Micah said. " She's amazing, and she's gonna be the star of the Universal show, then, people are gonna be begging for an on-core and for you to open up for other artists in different states." Janina, Tina, Micah, and Patrick's, older cousin, said. " It's gonna be great because we're a family that boasts of greatness and high-flying achievers," Dad said.
" Janina, are you coming to the show?" Tina asked. " Yep, my best friend from middle school is coming to the show. She's in love with your music and she loves your personality, so she bought 3 tickets to the show in Las Vegas. One for me, another for her, and one for her friend." Janina said. " That's fantastic, I can't wait to see you guys there!" Tina says. " Me too. The best part of having a superstar as a friend is that we get free VIP passes, which means we get seats that are right in front of the action." Sofia, Janina's sister, said. " But you still need to pay for food at the concession stand, but you don't need to pay for entry into the concert as long as you show proof with your digital ticket," Tina said. " Ok. Do we purchase the tickets on your fan-based concert website?" Janina asked. " Yeah. But they have ticket discounts for VIP members from previous concerts so you don't have to pay the full price, which is $40. The VIP members get to take a photo and ask some questions, and they get to purchase tickets ahead of time which cost $20." Tina says. " Sweet! That's a lot of good perks. Can we watch the concert live?" Janina asked. " Sure. I'll send you the link so you can register for a spot before Friday. That's when the big concert is." Tina says. " Great. I'll make sure to ask my friends to come too." Janina says. " The more people that others invite, it only makes things better for me because that means bigger crowds," Tina says. " We'll make sure to come to Universal World too. That'll add to the crowd that's already got their tickets and RSVP'd for seats at the big venue before they all sell out." Mila, Janina's 13-year-old sister, says. " Let's get to rehersals. We need to make sure that your choreography is in tip-top shape for this big performance because all of your choreography is different for each song, so you need to be on point throughout this act." Mom said, breaking up the fun and dragging Tina's suitcases: one full of clothes and another one full of other stuff like makeup and other personal things that she needs like Witch Hazel, a lotion that automatically clears up sticky oils in the pores of the skin that cause disgusting red pimples that look like they're about to pop and annoying blackheads that randomly pop up on my head, but I cover them up just in case the cameras are around and they're recording something that needs to be focused on me and how I interact with other famous people who know me as a performer in the industry who makes her dreams come true every single day." Tina says. " Being a famous pop star must be time-consuming and annoying." Mira, Tina's 8-year-old cousin, said. " It is. But it's always worth it when the money, Jesus, and  my message of his love, work together in unimaginable ways that people can't explain." Tina says.