𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 |23|

"What the hell were you all thinking?" I dabbed the damp cotton ball on the deep, bloody gash running across Archer's eyebrow.

"Fuck." Archer's face scrunched up in pain and I paused my movements for a moment, watching the peroxide bubble over the open exposed skin.

"He had it coming." Elijah grunted and the rest of them nodded their heads in agreement, including Zade who somehow found himself in the middle of it all.

"How did you even get involved?" My eyes quickly glanced over at Zade before turning my attention back on Archer's wound.

"How did you get involved?" Bruno walked into the room, still wearing that bush costume—half zipped up and took a seat at the table next to Zade and rested his head on the dinner table.

"Technically I didn't." I arched my eyebrow and he continued. "Some guy jumped out of the car and rushed towards Elijah." He didn't need to finish his sentence for me to understand what had happened next.

He approached the guy before he could reach Elijah which led to him getting involved, rather than dragging Elijah back in the car with Alec's unconscious body.

"How is he?" Dad asked.

"Honestly?" I shook my head. "It's not good. He hit his head pretty hard on the concrete. I'm guessing he has a mild concussion but nothing life threatening, he just needs rest." I pointed a finger at bruno. "That means no bothering him or poking his unconscious body."

"Why the hell would I do that?"

We all turned towards him and stared at him with a blank expression. This was Bruno we were talking about. We didn't know why he did the things he did.

"Alright, fine." He grumbled. "I'll leave him alone."

"That means don't touch anything in his room either." Elijah said, glaring at him.

"Alright." I finished dressing Archer's wound and placed a small bandage over the cut. It wasn't deep, but it would eventually leave a small scar, not anything too noticeable.

He stood up and dad took his place, plopping down in the chair with a guilty look on his face.

"My glasses." Archer looked like a lost, bruised puppy wandering around the table at that moment.

"My bedroom."

His eyes shot up and I continued with a soft smile on my face. "A few months ago I ordered another pair." I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal, it was. Well, it was to Archer, he loved his glasses more than anything. "Check the top drawer."

"You're the best." He pressed a kiss against my cheek and bolted up the old, staircase that creaked with each step he took wearing those black, steel toe boots

Dad chuckled and I shot a glare at him now that Archer wasn't in the room. "What were you all doing there in the first place?"

"They were spying on you." Sebastian said, flipping through the magazine with reading glasses hanging off the bridge of his nose.

I wasn't mad, it sounded like something my brothers and father would do. They were way too overprotective of me, no matter how many years passed.

"Is that so?" I turned towards Sebastian. "And what were you doing there? Reading?"

He set down the magazine. "As a matter of fact I was."

"Oh really? You just happened to be there reading? While dad, Elijah, Archer, Bruno and Alec were spying on me and ended up in a fight?"

Sebastian was a terrible liar but at that moment I decided to humor him.

He shrugged, "I went to the cafe to get some privacy and they went along claiming they wanted lattes."

"You liar." Bruno snapped. "It was your idea."

"No it wasn't."

"Oh really? So you had nothing to do with this?"

"Of course not." He scoffed.

"Your eye is swollen shut." I stated, pointing at his right eye, bruised and purple.

"Allergies." He brushed it off, waving his hand.

"Yeah fucking right." Dad mumbled underneath his breath. "You were the one who hit the guy in the back of the head with a cup of coffee."

"Wait a minute." He stood up, getting defensive. "This isn't my fault. This is Ellie's fault. You all were mad she didn't invite you to the appointment and decided to spy on her."

I blinked and then glanced around taking in their hurt expressions. My heart throbbed for them, realizing they were hurt from the non-existent invitation.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the few copies of the baby I had gotten from the doctor for each one of them and placed it on the table. "I didn't invite anyone, I wanted to go alone with Zade to make sure everything was okay with the baby."

Which was true, the week before I had found out I was pregnant I had been drinking heavily. I didn't want them to come and have the doctor deliver bad news, I couldn't do that to them. Especially everything we had been through.

"I asked the doctor for multiple copies for each and everyone one of you guys." I swallowed and pointed at the photo.

"Well that all could have been avoided." Alec groaned in pain from the top of the stairs with his hand rubbing the back of his head.

Follow me on ig @_itskrisbitch
Check out my other stories, tainted lies and play boy. There both revenge romances.

I have other books also, his sin my addiction is a forbidden romance and when it goes dark is a mystery/crime romance!

See you soon! Very soon! The next few chapters will be up soon! We are slowly reaching the end of this book ;(