(𝐯𝐢)

CHAPTER SIX
𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

CHAPTER SIX𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

⛧⛧⛧

First, it's the darkness that surrounded her, almost swallowing her whole. She could feel the cold concrete underneath her bare feet. Images flashed rapidly in her head, barely giving her a chance to grasp what she was seeing. His face was a constant image. She could vividly remember it; how his eyes deeply gazed into hers.

She felt her heart pounding in her ears when they flashed from blue to yellow. Those dark, yellow eyes... But then it was his voice that made her freeze— it sounded so familiar yet so far away. The cold emptiness of his voice sent chills down her spine.

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳.

Odessa quietly gasps awake, her head pounding. She takes in her surroundings, noticing the trees that zoomed past the window. She sits up, shrugging off her jacket and wiping away the small beads of sweat that cover her forehead, making strands of her red hair stick to her skin.

Dean, who had heard the quiet distress of his best friend, turns his head for a moment to glance at Odessa before his eyes find the road again. "You okay back there, Des?"

The huntress nods and mumbles a quiet 'Yes'. Her mind was still clouded with flashes and images of her nightmare. She glances out the window, trying to forget about it as she listens to the Winchester brothers' conversation.

"Come on, Sam, I'm begging you. This is stupid" Dean complains.

"Why?"

"Going to visit Mom's grave?" Dean wonders. "She doesn't even have a grave, there was no body left after the fire" he reminds his young brother.

"She has a headstone" Sam points out.

"Yeah, put up by her uncle, a man we've never met," Dean tells him. "So you want to go pay your respects to a slab of granite put up by a stranger?"

"Dean, that's not the point"

"Well, then enlighten me, Sammy" His eyes fall onto the Whitlock girl through the review mirror, worried as she was really quiet.

"It's not about a body or, or a casket. It's about her memory, okay?" Sam says, annoyed at the fact that his brother wanted nothing to do with this little idea of his. "After Dad, it just... just feels like the right thing to do"

"It's irrational is what it is" Dean whispers, not soft enough because Sam hears him.

"Look, man, nobody asked you to come," Sam tells his brother.

"Why don't we swing by the Roadhouse instead?" Dean suggests. "I mean, we haven't heard anything about the demon lately. We should be hunting that son of a bitch down"