Chapter Eight: Demon

Sweat dripped down Kokushibo's face as he continued to bandage Yuichiro. He didn't even know he could sweat. But that's something he would have to think about later.

The bleeding would be difficult to stop, but not impossible. The blood that oozes out of Yuichiro was dark and thick, and caused saliva to build up in the back of Kokushibo's throat. He swallowed it down and bit his tongue until a metallic taste filled his mouth.

Muichiro was watching, wide eyed like a deer in headlights. He gripped his hands to stop them from shaking, but it wasn't working very well. "Will he... be okay?" He said in a hushed and shaky tone.

"I'm trying." Was all Kokushibo could say back. He didn't want to do it, but he may have to. It would be easy, too. He'd cut open his hand and let his blood drip into his wounds. Then, he'd be a demon.

No! He couldn't. He was well aware the dangers of becoming a demon, and the curse it brings. The feeling of hunger towards humans, the scent of blood driving one to madness... nothing was worth that.

Yuichiro let out several pained gasps, and winced as Kokushibo tightened the bandages. His eyes were shut tight, and beads of sweat rolled down his pale face.

By the time Kokushibo was done patching him up, the morning light crept through the window. Kokushibo say back, and sighed. He was so... tired. Obviously, demons had infinite stamina, but the stress of the situation alone had fatigued him.

Kokushibo glanced at the corner where Muichiro was. He had drifted off to sleep, his body now in a peaceful slumber. Kokushibo walked over to him and picked him up, walking over to the futon next to Yuichiro, and laid him down.

"Six eyes..." he mumbled, his eyes slowly opening to look up at Kokushibo. "Are you... going to leave again?" Kokushibo looked down at him, then leaned down to kiss him on the forehead. "No... I will stay." Muichiro sighed in relief, and closed his eyes again.

Although Kokushibo knew he couldn't keep that promise forever, it was the least he could do. Staying for maybe a week or two wouldn't kill him, after all.

Either way, Kokushibo layed down on the floor, looking up at the ceiling. Slowly, his eyes closed, and his fatigue washed over him, sending him into a deep slumber.

***

Muichiro slowly opening his eyes, his gaze settling on his sleeping brother next to him, his chest rising and falling with every breath. He yawned and sat up, looking around the room. "Six eyes?" He said, his voice slightly groggy. Kokushibo was nowhere to be found.

Muichiro looked out the window, and saw darkness. From the looks of it, he had slept all day. He stood out of his futon and saw a slimmer of light coming from the slightly open front door.

He slid open the front door and saw Kokushibo standing there with his back to him. Muichiro followed his gaze to the tree line, and saw what he was staring at; a man in a black suit, with eyes as red as fire. He spoke coldly, and pointed towards Muichiro.

"Ah, yes, and bring him as well."