𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Groggily, I open my eyes to the sound of my phone chiming

Groggily, I open my eyes to the sound of my phone chiming. I blindly reach over to the nightstand and grab my phone.I squint as the direct light from the phone hits my eyes. I reopen my eyes again after a few seconds to see that I have an unseen message from Noel.

Noel:
hi, mamacita! i've got the information you were looking for

Me:
Good, send it over.

Noel:
i think not
i haven't seen you and Robin Hood for some time

Me:
I need to see if I can fit you into my schedule.

Noel:
fuck off, grouch
i know you miss my face
but if we're being serious, i have another matter to discuss with you that has to be spoken about in person

Me:
Fine, come over whenever you can.
Till later.

Dropping my phone on the mattress, I run my hands over my face. As a few minutes pass, I get the strength to get up from my bed and walk to the bathroom.

Getting in the shower, I turn the faucet on and turn the water temperature to hot. I step under the flowing water, letting the water run down my tense back.

After washing my hair and body, I wrap a towel around myself and another in my hair. Heading to the sink, I grab my vanilla-scented body lotion and apply it while my skin is damp. Then I brush my teeth so that right after I can moisturise my face and neck.

Heading to the bathroom door, I almost open it, but something catches my eye. I could see a shadow down behind the door.

Predictable.

Knowing that my bathroom has another door that leads to my walk-in closet, I stride for that door and peek through the ajar door that faces my bed; I see Robyn leaning against the wall, next to the bathroom door.

Stepping out of the walk-in closet, I say, "Y'know, Robyn, you're getting sloppier with time. Are you sure you're an assassin?"

Not expecting my voice, she lets out a screech and raises a hand to her fast-beating heart. "Are you insane?!" Her hands move around frantically while she scolds me, "Are you trying to send me to my grave faster than needed?!"

Shrugging, I walk back into my closet to choose my outfit. From the corner of my eye, I see Robyn going through my drawer.

She turns around and I see something in her hands."I see, Grump isn't as much of a nun as I believed she is." She raises one of her eyebrows as she grins.

Seeing my confused face, she spins the item around her finger, flinging it in my direction. Looking down where it fell, I see my emerald green lacy thong beside my feet.

Picking it up, I stride over to the drawer she was going through to see a mess—underwear lying on the ground and the handle. I pick everything up, shove it back in, including the ones I had in my hand, and close the drawer.