iv. ripping shirts

"You rip the bottom hem of your shirts?" you raise an eyebrow, observing Craig's outfit. 

"Sometimes. I've not done it in a while though," #5 shrugs. 

"I used to follow a guy on instagram who did that to a lot of his shirts and, if I may, goddamn it was attractive."

"Hm. Do you like it on me?"

"Looks good," you nod. 

Unbeknownst to you, Chris happened to overhear that. 

When you and the rest of the band gather in the kitchen for dinner, Chris confidently walks up to you, hoping that you'd notice the hem of his shirt torn off. 

"You're looking cute today," he flirts. 

"Darling, I look cute everyday, but thank you," you smirk. 

"You're welcome, Y/n. How are you adjusting?"

"Actually quite well. You're less inclined to torture and murder than I thought you'd be, to my pleasant surprise."

"Oh, we wouldn't dream of killing you...at least not me. Clown? Maybe, though," Chris replies with a little chuckle. He looks over at Craig, who gives him an encouraging smile before he turns his attention back to you. "You like everyone so far?"

"Not too keen on number 0," you answer flatly, recalling your moment with him in the kitchen. "Otherwise, I can't complain."

You leave out the bit where you first got a weird vibe from Chris when you arrived, but whatever. He seems to have mellowed out a little bit; still, it's worth it to be wary of him. 

You talk with him throughout dinner, finding him to be quite sweet. After the meal, he mills around the house with you. He doesn't really want to leave you alone, but after about two and a half hours of talking, it's late at night and you're exhausted. 

"Hey, wait," Chris dramatically grabs your arm as you turn to go to your room.

"Wha-" you're cut off by Chris kissing you. He holds you close to him with a tender, gentle touch. Some very confused, very vulnerable part of you lets you relax into the kiss and put your arms around his neck. When he pulls away, he kisses your forehead.

"Thanks for spending time with me," he mutters. 

"Of course," you smile a bit, then reach up and kiss him again. "Get some rest, okay?"

You leave him alone in the hallway. 

Now he has to get some rest. He has no choice. He must rest.

...

chris moment :)

thanks for reading, sorry it's a bit short!