𝟎𝟎𝟓

005
HIS BROTHER

DARRIAN SAT comfortably on the couch at his evil twin ethan's house

DARRIAN SAT comfortably on the couch at his evil twin ethan's house. the two friends were engaged in a lively conversation while playing video games. ethan, was sharing details about a girl he had been with at a party the previous night.

darrian chuckled, slightly distracted when he heard footsteps. he glanced over his shoulder to see david, ethan's older brother, going down the stairs with a girl behind him. the sight tugged at darrian's heart.

"yo, dd! i see you my heart!" ethan called out. david smirked and flicked him off before saying goodbye to the girl, a big smile on his face before he closed the door.

soon he was joining them on the couch, settling down beside darrian. he greeted darrian with a casual, "wassup, bro? when'd you come over?"

darrian tried to brush off his jealousy with a laugh. "been here for a minute. notti was just filling me in on his night."

ethan, never one to hold back, chimed in, "did you and shorty get busy?" he asked.

david rolled his eyes mockingly. "nah, bro, we ain't go there. just keeping it chill, you feel me?"

darrian couldn't help but steal a glance at david, captivated by his striking features. he struggled to shake off how effortlessly attractive david was.

as david began to roll a blunt, the tension eased as ethan lost the game they were playing. darrian seized the opportunity to playfully tease his friend. "notti, you ain't shit! i knew i was gonna win," he taunted, rising from the couch and gesturing for ethan to join him. "come on, hoe, let's see what you got!"

ethan stood up, a grin spreading across his face. "oh, you wanna try me? aight bet!" he playfully swung at darrian and darrian swung back. the playful shoving each other, and soon, ethan managed to push darrian, causing him to stumble and fall into david's lap on the couch.

darrian looked up at ethan, his heart pounding. he knew ethan was aware of his crush on david, but thankfully— ethan kept quiet about it.

"nah, you didn't just do that," darrian protested, trying to maintain his composure.

david hadn't even realized darrian had sat on his lap, and honestly, he didn't mind it at all when he noticed. darrian made an attempt to get up, but david swiftly pulled him back down by his waist, without saying a word. darrian was momentarily taken aback, but he didn't protest.

ethan observed the scene with a smirk before announcing that he was heading to the deli and asked if they wanted anything. darrian declined, but david spoke up, "yeah, bro, i want some mentos."

once ethan left, darrian looked at david, curiosity burning in his eyes. "yo, why'd you pull me back onto your lap?"

david, busy lighting the blunt, took a moment to respond, smirking as he exhaled a cloud of smoke. "if you really wanted to hop off, you would've, bro," he said, his voice low and teasing.

darrian mugged him, an eyebrow raised in challenge. "i did try, didn't i?"

"you wanna hit this, bro?" david asked, he handed darrian the blunt and rested his chin on darrian's shoulder, his hands subtly tightening around darrian's waist, pulling him closer.
darrian took a hit, feeling david's presence so close to him. "you know, you're really pretty." his lips ghosting near darrian's ear.

darrian hummed in response, taking another hit from the blunt. he mustered the courage to say, "the girl you were with was also really pretty."

david chuckled, his lips grazing darrian's neck as he whispered, "are you jealous?" darrian mugged him. "nah, man, i ain't jealous," he retorted, attempting to convince both david and himself.

david leaned in closer, his breath brushing against darrian's ear as he spoke, "i think you are."

darrian finally asked the question that had been nagging at him. "did you and that girl have sex?" david immediately shook his head, a playful smile gracing his face.

"nah, she's just a friend," he assured, emphasizing the word 'friend.' darrian hummed, a glimmer of doubt lingering in his eyes. david, sensing darrian's skepticism, gently kissed his neck and whispered, "i wouldn't be doing this if she was something more."

"oh, so we kissing niggas now?" darrian responded with a half-hearted comment.

david smirked, his voice with confidence. "stop playing, ddot. you know you feel some type of way," he said, his words hitting darrian like a train so he just fell silent, his mind spinning.

darrian's mind was racing, his heart pounding in his chest as david's words echoed in his ears. he couldn't deny the truth behind david's words. there was something more but darrian also knew that exploring those feelings would come with its own set of challenges, especially in their neighborhood where masculinity and heteronormativity were often valued above all else.

as darrian mulled over his thoughts, david nuzzled his nose against darrian's cheek, leaving a trail of light kisses. "i know this shit is wild, but it feels right, bro," david murmured.

darrian's heart fluttered at david's words, and he found himself leaning into the affectionate gestures.

just then, the front door swung open, and ethan burst into the living room, his energetic presence disrupting their atmosphere. he glanced at david and darrian, who were still entangled on the couch, and let out a low whistle. "ayo, what's going on here, my hearts? y'all look like a couple or some shit."