Chapter 22:The Unworthy Child

ARCHER was pissed as hell. He didn't know what part of what he said was wrong. Ingrid was obviously trying to make herself look like the cool girl but she wasn't. She was nothing but a peasant, trying to gain the attention of the real cool kids.

In fact, everyone he considered beneath the soles of his feet were nothing but dust. They could kiss his magnificent ass all they want but they would never amount to anything. He was next in line to the throne of the count, and he was sure to bring back the same glory Count Florentino gave to their country.

He was taking a walk around the hospital to unwind. He watched every corner of the white walls as it shined like a pathway to heaven. Except for the fact that there were nurses walking around holding clipboards, doctors looking exhausted like they just conducted an operation, and patients in wheelchairs.

The ambiance was not helping. It was only making his anger worse. He was fed up with his own cousins scolding him. He was next to Galen, but he couldn't get the same respect his eldest cousin got.

He was frustrated and stressed out when suddenly, he bumped into someone. He heard the man groan but he didn't even bother looking up and just pushed him away.

"Watch where you're fucking going." inis na sabi ni Archer.

"Bastos kang bata ka ha!"

Archer stopped as heard the man yell from behind him. He shut his eyes as he clenched his fist and jaw before he turned to face the stranger.

"Teka, isa ka sa mga seal!"

"So you can see? I fucking thought you're fucking blind!"

The man was around his forties. He wore a dirty white shirt and light blue denim jeans paired with muddy slippers. His skin was unnaturally dark, his hair was a mess, and his still dirty hands were too big even though he had a small body.

He looked at him in pure anger as he pointed at Archer, "Ganyan kayong mga anak na sunod ang layaw! Minamaliit ninyo kaming mga naghihirap kahit na kaya kami hindi makaahon ay dahil sa lolo mo! Dahil sa konde na walang ibang ginawa kundi ang magpa-party sa palasyo niyang puno ng ginto pero kaming mga nasasakupan niya, ni katiting na tulong ay walang natatanggap! Lahat kayo nagpapakasasa lang sa yaman ninyo, na galing din sa amin! Mga gahaman kayo! Dapat lang na mapatay na kayo ng kalaban ninyo! Hindi kayo magiging tulad ng Kamahalang Florentino! Mga wala kayong silbi!"

Archer snapped. He lost all his self-control as he clenched his fist tighter and started marching heavily, ready to raise war, but then he felt someone grab him by his wrist to stop him from approaching the man.

"Let me fucking go—"

"Wag kang magsasalita nang pabalang sa kamahalan. Baka nakakalimutan mong puwedeng ipapugot ng batang 'to ang ulo mo."

It was Inspector Charles in his usual neat and complete uniform. He wanted to talk to Ingrid about the update on the case in Barangay San Miguel when he heard the commotion and immediately went to check.

"Tarantado kasi iyang bata na yan sir! Siya na nga bumangga sa akin! Kaya sila nakakahanap ng kalaban eh! Mga wala silang respeto sa ibang tao!"

Inspector Charles shook his head in disbelief before he clicked his tongue, "Sa tabas ng dila ninyo, mukhang kayo mismo ang kalaban eh," he said then he took out the handcuff from his belt, "Baka gusto ninyong sa presinto iyan ipagpatuloy."

The man looked horrified before he waved his hand in desperation and then started bowing at Archer, "Maawa po kayo! May anak po akong may tumor! Ako na lang po ang nagtatrabaho para mabayaran ang mga bill dito!"

Archer was amazed by how the man immediately switched his behavior. He seemed ready to die first, just to insult and mock his family and how they govern, but when the inspector was about to take him in, he suddenly humbled himself. People craved trouble and drama, but if it happened in their life, they would instantly call themselves the victim.