Chapter 27: Dirty Thoughts

"NANDITO po kami para bumili ng goto."

Ingrid, the meanest bitch Archer had ever met, just spoke in the sweetest voice like she was an angel sent from above. She even turned to him and his cousins smiling like she didn't beat the hell out of them a while ago before she looked back at the guys in front of them.

"Kaya lang po mukhang wala atang tindero. Pinasok na nga po namin ang kusina."

Red wanted to scold his goddaughter. He was trying to keep her away from the agency but here they were. He was shocked but he remained as calm as possible before he spoke.

"Ay hindi naman puwedeng basta na lang kayo papasok sa kusina ng iba! Naku, mga kabataan talaga!"

Galen, Archer, Donovan, and Chase were looking at each other with their faces crumpled, totally confused at what the hell was going on and why Ingrid's godfather was suddenly speaking in straight Filipino and acting like he didn't know any of them, including his own goddaughter at all.

"Pasensya na po! Makulit lang po talaga itong mga kaibigan ko!"

"Hindi ba kayo ang mga apo ng konde?" biglang tanong ni Blue nang mamukhaan ang apat na lalaki.

"Yes we are. And we don't like being randomly interviewed by peasants." malamig na tugon ni Archer habang pinaniningkitan ang dalawa.

Blue chuckled as he shook his head, "Pasensya na kamahalan, nagtatanong lang po kami at ipapasara na namin itong lugar na ito."

"May we know why?" Galen asked. "Well, uhm, we're loyal customers here. I know it sounds silly but we did like the food here."

Ingrid looked at Galen and was relieved that the four were starting to understand the situation. They were obviously trying to go with the flow.

"Pinatay ang may ari."

"Ha? Bakit po?"

The Altranas turned to Ingrid in shock. She sounded like an innocent woman. Like she was clueless of the world and that she didn't know what crime is.

"Hindi namin alam. Napag-utusan lang kaming magsara rito." Red answered while eyeing his goddaughter who seemed to be possessed by another person.

Ingrid turned to Galen who was standing beside her and hugged his still hurting arm and asked with her voice trembling, "Why did we even come here? What if the killer's here?"

Galen wanted to groan in pain but he couldn't. He tried to remain calm as he turned to Ingrid and forced himself to smile.

"Let's leave already then. Did you forget something?"

Ingrid shook her head in response before she agreed, "Yeah. Let's head back to school."

"School? Nag-cutting kayo para lang sa goto rito? Di ba ang layo pa ng Altrana International School? Wala bang goto roon?" takang tanong ni Blue bago nilingon si Red at pinandilatan ang kasama.

"It's recess. And yes, we don't have goto. AIS doesn't sell cheap foods." tugon naman ni Donovan para magpaliwanag na rin.

"Mga seal naman kayo, puwede kayong magsabi roon na magbenta ng goto. Hindi na ninyo kailangan pang bumiyahe ng ilang kilometro para lang sa goto. Balita ko pa naman, may gustong pumatay sa inyo." Red looked at his goddaughter and her team with his eyes squinted to emphasize how dangerous it is for them to be there.

"It's none of anyone's business if we want to eat outside the school. If you're here to close this fucking hut, just close it. We're not here to answer any of you." Archer then looked at the group, "Let's leave. We're not here to chitchat."