the new thing! ❤️

Donnie peeked into the projector room as he finished showering. He felt more relaxed than he had in a long time.

The purple stripes on his legs had also grown. That was extremely interesting. He had previously assumed that they only changed as his body aged, but apparently the Ninpo had an effect on them as well - which was basically obvious because they glowed when he used it.

So clearly, his Ninpo also changed, and he wanted to document the visible course as well as possible. That's why he only had a long shower towel wrapped around his hips, which he held on to with one hand and refrained from putting on a clean pair of pants so that he could take photos in his laboratory.

He found his eldest brother sitting with Shiro engrossed in books, and he circled the armchair. Beside her was an empty cereal bowl, she sat cross-legged and was holding a steaming coffee as she leafed through two books simultaneously that were resting on her lap. Strands of white hair fell across her face and she looked very focused. Donnie just thought she was beautiful. He felt the flame. She frowned, lifted her head and looked at him.

And looked down at him.

And looked up again.

And looked at him.

He grinned. Then he saw her wet her lips again in a small motion. He knew this movement. His grin faded, and now he found the idea of taking her instead to his lab and taking the photos later much more logical and urgent. Donnie and Shiro looked into each other's eyes and saw the new thing again, and like before something started to charge inside them as

“OHMYGOD Donnie! Did you scare me!!! How long have you been standing there?!" Raph noticed him and nearly jumped up. Donnie flinched and almost let go of the towel, which Shiro noticed with a very special look, as she raised her free hand to her mouth to hide her smirk.

"Raph! I… for a second, maybe!?”

"Don't sneak up on me like that! I almost had a heart attack!"

Shiro started laughing out loud and the two brothers turned their heads to watch her bend over laughing. The coffee sloshed in her mug.
"I’m… sorry…! Your faces!" she laughed out.

Raph and Donnie exchanged a look and both enjoyed Shiro's contagious laughter.

"What are you reading?" Donnie asked as he walked over to Shiro to take the coffee mug from her, which almost spilled over.

"These are Dad's books about the old family clans in Japan."

"Heeeey!" she protested when the cup was taken from her, still laughing.

"My dear, otherwise you'll spill valuable documents!" Donnie scolded her with mock indignation and addressed to Raph “Research. Very good idea."

Shiro calmed down again and straightened the slipped books on her lap, still chuckling, while Donnie took a sip of her coffee and looked at the others lying around with interest.

"And what are you and your towel doing now?" she said to Donnie with a mischievous smile.

“I'll go to my lab and document the growing stripes on my Adonis-like body. Wanna join?" he teased her

“Your stripes are growing…? Yes, they've gotten longer!" said Raph in surprise. "Does that have anything to do with the whole thing?"

“I strongly suspect it, hence the documentation. Aaand Shiro?”

Smiling, she made a come-here gesture with her finger and Donnie, exaggeratedly nonchalantly, walked over to her chair and crouched in front of her.

"You know what's the only thing I want?" she said as she ran with her fingers cups slowly down his slightly wet arms. The touch of hers instantly focused his thoughts on just one thing, and he took a quiet, but sharp breath. Donnie regretted not having a hand free to touch her right now.

"What…?" his voice had turned dark.

Shiro looked deep into his eyes and he leaned forward to kiss her, while he supported himself with his forearm on the armrest.

"My coffee." and she took the mug out of his hand again

Donnie's face went blank.

"HA!" exclaimed Raph, who was grinning and sitting on the sofa with his arms crossed

"Oh… you!" said Donnie with a gleam in his eyes.

"Self-control, baby." Shiro whispered

"You'll get that back." whispered Donnie as he put his now free hand under her chin before he got up. They smiled mischievously at each other.

“Well then, you bookworms. Be diligent!” and the purple one walked out of the room with one last glance at Shiro, who returned it.

Raph shook his head, grinning as he watched the two of them. He had never seen Donnie so relaxed and at ease. He was simply to be envied.