Hansamu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_____________________________________________

Y/N nonchalantly strolled down a stone path to the Butterfly Mansion, with her hands in her pockets. She chewed on the inside of her cheek while she thought about the curious Kamado boy. Her e/c eyes looked around at the shrubbery uselessly, as she zoned out. The boy's image engraved in her mind. His frazzled maroon hair, the unique scar on his forehead, the way the sunlight reflected off the tan skin he had, and the beguiling red eyes. She closed her eyes in rumination, putting an index finger and thumb on her chin; swaying her body back and forth as she sauntered about.

"Have your mind on something?" A raspy, feminine voice said. 

A heavy weight suddenly planted itself on Y/N's back. She stumbled forward a bit and opened her eyes in surprise. She sensed a presence, but didn't expect the physical attack. Y/N's hand grabbed the arm of the familiar person on her back, balancing them, as she looked over her shoulder at the familiar face. She continued plodding her way and sent a smile to the person.

"Hey, hey, how's it going Aoi?" Y/N said.

"Well, not much more than usual." The girl with ebony pigtails, held by blue butterfly clips said, rolling her eyes. Aoi waved around the broom she was using to clean with, in her left hand that she had resting on Y/N's shoulder. 

"We had these new guys come in though. Don't even get me started." She scoffed. 

"The one blonde kid is just so annoying! He refuses to ingest any medicine we give to him, he can't learn to tone his voice down either! The other one wears a boar mask and... he doesn't really talk, which I don't mind; his throat was crushed. The last boy... he's pretty alright. I don't mind him." She said, irritated.

Y/N chuckled at her agitated state. Aoi then proceeded to hit Y/N on the head with the broom she was holding. "Don't laugh at me!" She scolded.

"I'M NOT!" Y/N laughed whilst being bonked on the head. "I know you're working hard Aoi!" Y/N stated. "Is there anything I can do to help?" Y/N squinted her eyes through the pain. Aoi stopped hitting her friend. 

"Well... If you could go around and do a check up on all the patients it would be really helpful." She stated, looking at the sky. 

The two had already reached the entrance to the Butterfly Mansion. Butterflies landed in Y/N s/c nose and fluttered around her. Over the course of over two years, the Butterfly Mansion never changed; other than being marginally more empty with Kanae gone. But, now wasn't the time to dwell on despairing reverie.

"Hm! Will do! I'll be off then." Y/N gently put Aoi down, and two-finger saluted her; trotting off into the mansion with two hands on her hips.

...