Chapter 3

A week later...

Tomoe was in front of a house in the middle of the forest. It was well hidden and kept in good condition. And as she was on alert, all of her senses prepared and tense, she could feel Kawahira's mist flames around the area as well as other multiple flames currently inside the house.

She looked back down at her invitation before sighing. She really came here even after what Kawahira revealed to her. She was selfish, so why was she acting so selflessly now? Was it because she felt guilty, regret? Because Kawahira was her friend?

She was going to be turned into an immortal baby for who knows how long until she dies or if the curse is lifted.

Pfft. As if.

Tomoe felt terrible. She had Kawahira lie to her mother saying he got her an opportunity at an art school. Her mother looked so happy and proud, giving her hugs and kisses, and she even gave Kawahira a giant hug for helping Tomoe get this opportunity.

She felt so guilty. It was a giant lie. She would probably never see her mother again after this. Only sending letters to her. Tomoe... Tomoe didn't want that. She didn't know what to do. She loved her mother too much to hurt her. But after this job she knew she would send most, if not all, the money earned to her mother so she could travel around the world, see her homeland Japan again as she stayed in art school.

As long as Tomoe stayed away from her mother, she would be safe, untouched by the mafia. She would make many enemies being part of the strongest group in the mafia and going on these missions, not only that, after getting turned into babies, if the others found out, they would surely go after Tomoe and retaliate. She couldn't let them kill her mother. Kawahira also promised to keep an eye out on Asuna and still visit her weekly, so that made Tomoe feel slightly better and reassured.

Fixing her hair and straightening the hood of her outfit, she clenched the strap of her bag which held her art supplies, a small sewing kit, and an extra pair of clothes. Why? I mean Kawahira told her that she'd probably have to stay in the mansion for a while. He already prepared some clothes for her beforehand in her new room at the hidden house.

Oh yeah, she also packed a semi-automatic service pistol, specifically a Beretta Model 92 (M92). Just in case something happens and she can't use her flames. The old man at the bakery she works for gave it to her for protection a while back and she never used it once.

"Ugh... I can't believe I'm doing this... dammit," the raven head mumbled under her breath before taking a deep breath to steel her nerves. She gulped slightly and mumbled a quick prayer under her breath.

With her head held high, she opened the door and walked inside.

...

...

...

Okay, she was the last one to arrive which made all heads turn towards her. How embarrassing. Tomoe did not like all this attention on her.

'Damn, they all look so professional... except for the purple dude.'

Inside the room were seven other people that Kawahira informed her of beforehand out of the kindness of his heart.

(In reality, he just didn't want her to have a panic attack in front of all these mafioso members and be sent to the Arcobaleno house super uninformed about anything)

Reborn, the sun. Fon, the storm. Verde, the lightning. Lal Mirch, the rain. Viper, the mist. Skull, the cloud. And finally Luce, the sky.

When Kawahira told her their names and elements, she had red alarms screeching in the back of her mind. She knew them from somewhere, but she really couldn't remember. It was hard for her to remember her past life for some reason, everything was foggy. But she knew she heard the names before from someone in her past life... but she couldn't remember...