Shadows

▪Blake's POV

I stayed for awhile and watched TV with Luci. Rachael even ordered pizza for us. She was the nicest person ever.

In the middle of the movie, we heard a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that could be." Rachael said, standing up and going over to the door.

The sitting room that I was in wasn't in sight of the door. I wouldn't be able to see who it was, and they wouldn't be able to see me. However, I could hear their voices.

"Hi, I am Agent Morris and this is Agent Jones. We would like to ask you a few questions." Someone at the door said.

I froze. That voice...it was Dean's! Him and Sam were hunting dragons here? They can't see me or Lucifer, or we would die.

I grab his arm and pulled him off the couch. If they came in, they would want to come in here. We needed to hide.

He led me over to the stairs. There were on the other side of the sitting room. Rachael really planned this place out great. The boys wouldn't be able to see us.

Quietly, Lucifer led me up the stairs and into the back room that he was in earlier. We would be safe here. There was no reason Dean or Sam would come up here.

"This isn't exactly the best time..." I heard Rachael say. Luckily, we could still hear everything they said below us.

Rachael had a lot of practice talking to the police. Not once did she get arrested or anything. She was the best at what she does.

"It will only take a minute." Sam said. I heard the sound of footsteps. They must be inside now...

I knew Rachael would try everything to get them to leave. She knows that it is imperative that they don't find us.

"Make it fast. I am very busy."

The rest of the talking became muffled. They must have moved somewhere else in the house, because I could no longer hear them. As long as they don't come up here...

"I am very happy you are here, Blake. Rachael has taught me a lot of things." Luci said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

We were sitting on his makeshift bed, which was made with an air mattress, a single pillow, and a few sheets. I wished he got a real bed. But, beggers can't be chooser's.

"I had hoped she would. Do you like being human, Luci?" I asked him. I turned to face him, and he had an evil grin on his face.

"I never knew some of the things humans could feel..." He said, trailing off. His hands were still around me and he slowly moved them down.

I knew where he wanted this to go. I pulled away from him and looked at him. I was not going there. Not right now. I didn't even know he knew about...that.

His eyes were full of list. This wasn't good. I scooted back a bit before speaking. "Luci, what did she teach you?"

I heard the talking from downstajrs grow louder. I heard the sound of the door opening and closing, and new they were gone. But me and Lucifer weren't done talking.

"She didn't just teach me. She showed me."

Silent. Everything went silent as his words regestered in my brain. She showed me...that could only mean one thing.

"SHE DID WHAT?!" I shouted and stood up.

I was furious. I wasn't the only one, either. Emberlynn was fighting for control. I sensed that she was even angrier than I was.

Emberlynn: let me at him! How dare he? He is ours, not that bitches!

"It's not a big deal, love. She is my teacher." Lucifer said, getting up and walked over to me. He tried to touch me, but I stepped back.

Emberlynn: not a big deal? Come on, Blake! Let me in control.

"I DIDN'T TELL HER TO TEACH YOU THAT!" I screamed. I couldn't take it anymore. Emberlynn was being too persistent. I let her take control.

"Darling, calm down. I need to talk to Blake." Lucifer said, stepping back. He looked terrified. It almost made me feel bad for him.

"Fuck you, Lucifer. I'm tired of your shit!" Emberlynn shouted before talking action.

It happened so fast. I didn't think she was this crazy. Emberlynn took the blade from our boot and stabbed it into Lucifer. She twisted it in her hand, causing more damage.

I was mad, but not that mad. Emberlynn just killed Lucifer. She just killed....NO! As fast as she snapped I went back into control.

I pulled the blade out of him and threw it aside. Gently, I sat down with him on my lap. "Luci? Luci, can you hear me?"

He looked up at me with vacant eyes. He wasn't going to last much longer. He was going to die...and it was all my fault.

"Why?" He asked. It took all his strength and energy to say that one word. Before I could respond, his eyes close and he went limp in my arms.

I shook him. I screamed. I tried everything. He was gone. There was nothing I could do.

I left. I ran out to my car and drove away. I fried the whole way to the bunker. I had loved Lucifer, and now he was gone. I had killed him.

No, Emberlynn killed him. I never would have hurt him. Well, I might have ended up slapping him, but that was different. She took it to the extreme and killed him.

Emberlynn was crazy. She was dark. She was powerful. It wouldn't be long till she started destroying everything I had ever loved.

That's when it occurred to me that I hadn't heard from Aisling, Devon, or Cameilla. I felt around for them inside my head, but they weren't there. They were gone.

Emberlynn: that's right. I've got everybody chained up in here. You're next.