𝟼) 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎

literally like three more chapters till we get to like the main plot cuz this book is movin too slow for me. fuck slow burns

"honey, don't open the door okay, just sit in here with your headphones on and watch some youtube on my phone okay? I promise after I'm done working, i'll take you to the park and get some Mcdonald's, okay? be a good boy for mommy," her usually dark brown curly hair was pin straight as it looked like she had some makeup on.

jisung thinks his mother is always pretty, even when she's fresh out of the shower. jisung remembers when he was little, like up until he was nine and had no basic sense of the human anatomy, he would shower with his mother to save water and not rack up the bill. the only person who was allowed to use the hot water was his dad, so cold water was it them.

when they would get out of the shower, his mother would wrap her hair in a pink towel to help it dry. jisung doesn't know why, but every time he takes a shower and washes his hair, he does the same thing. some would say it's girly, but who cares, his mother was a beauty and he wanted to be just like her. her skin was soft and smooth as glass and every though she couldn't afford things like manicures and pedicures, her nails were always painted.

but now, looking at his mom, her makeup was heavy and her hair was pin-straight again. of course, she was still beautiful, but, jisung will always admire her natural beauty.

and yes, about once a week, every Friday when his dad would be at the bar late at night random men would come over to 'hang out' with his mom. and his mom never lied and always bought his happy meal for him, every single time.

jisung must've dosed off because he was woken up by someone shaking him lightly. when his eyes opened slowly and focused he jumped in his seat, accidentally hitting his head on the roof of the car.

he was surprised when he heard a little giggle from the left of him and then remember how he was out with his new stranger friend.

jisung looked at the other and laughed a little too, rubbing the top of his head with his hand, "did I fall asleep?"

"yeah, you dozed off a little but we're here," minho said pulling the keys out of his car and opening the door then turning back around to look at the other, "you comin'?"

jisung smiled and nodded his head getting out of the car. it's dark outside so they both pull out their phones and turned on their flash, both accidentally shining in their own face and laughing again.

it was silent for a bit while first walking but when they got to the train tracks, jisung swore he heard something in a bush and literally almost jumped into minho's arms. the older one caught him and turned his flash towards it to see it was just a squirrel and they both sighed.

jisung left minho's grasp and said his apologies for overreacting.

"would you want to hold my hand? only if you're comfortable of course," minho said reaching his hand out for the other to take.

jisung looked down and thought about him, still having his dad's words in his head, "boys don't date boys", and even though it wasn't a date, he was still holding hands with a boy and he didn't want to get in trouble, even though no one was around.

he shook his head lightly and minho accepted not wanting to push the other. they continued walking down the tracks while minho started a conversation.

"you know, I found this with a group of friends that I went to high school with...wait what high school did you go to?"

"I go to Souel Central," he said, listening to minho as he was not an active talker.

"oh really? I went there too! you must've been a freshman when I was a senior, wait you said you're in twelfth grade right? do you know someone named yang jeongin?"

a light went off in jisung's brain, "you mean the flower boy of Souel? who doesn't?" jisung remembers having a few classes with him, "wait how do know him?" he questioned.

"he is my best friend's boyfriend! I should introduce you to my friend group, I mean, if you want to of course. you can bring your friends too," minho said excitedly.

jisung laughed, "yeah, like I would have friends," he said in a tone of low tone.

minho looked at him with pity, not knowing friendships might be a touchy subject for some, "you have me, I can be your friend," he smiled at the other.

jisung played with his fingers, "but to be friends you actually have to enjoy hanging out or being with that person,"

"and what makes you think I don't enjoy hanging out or being with you?" he stopped walking.

"because no one likes spending time with me," the younger said looking down at the tracks.

minho put a hand on jisung shoulder and slid his hand down lower to half hold the others hand. jisung looked up at the other who smiled,

"well now you have me,"

jisung looked up at him to say something but then minho grabbed his hand and started running,

"come on the trains this way!" he looked back to see jisung's face who was smiling and now holding his hand and running with him.

maybe jisung found a friend.

______

I'm going to update voices i promise ;)