Five

It was the sixth of July and a Friday that the girls were all meeting at Chelsea's house to hang out after their long work weeks. Well, except for Brooke because she had the summer off due to being a teacher. Over the last roughly two weeks, Braxton and Chelsea have talked nonstop through text and over the phone. There had been a few nights here and there that they would stay at each others houses, as well as a few surprise lunch dates when Braxton would show up at Chelsea's work with lunch.

This specific Friday night, the girls were going out to dinner instead of doing Sunday brunch, due to Mandy having family coming into town Saturday afternoon. So, they were going to go out to dinner and walk around the mall for a little while just to get out of the house. Chelsea was driving, so they were all at her house by four thirty to leave. They loaded into Chelsea's car and made their way to the mall where they would decide where to eat once they got there.

After three hours and at least five bags for each of them, they decided it was time to head home. Once they got back to Chelsea's, it was around eight-thirty, and after the car was parked, they all moved to the trunk of the car to sort through the shopping bags. They walked towards the door and all stopped roughly twelve feet away, noticing there was something that just wasn't right.

"Chels?" Lexi questioned in a slight panic.

"Um, yeah Lexi?" Chelsea questioned in response.

"Did one of us forget to close the door on the way out?"

"No. I was the last one out, and I made sure I closed and locked it behind me."

"I'm calling the cops. Someone could still be in there." Mandy said before she walked away and made the call. A very few short minutes later, she walked back to the other three.

"How long did they say they would be?" Brooke asked.

"They said five to ten minutes. I told them we were literally standing outside, staring at the door and waiting for someone to possibly come out. The dispatcher nastily said there was nothing she could do because she wasn't a magician, then hung up on me." Mandy explained.

"Fuck this. I'm not going to sit here and wait while someone robs my damn house." Chelsea said, putting her bags back into the car and walking back towards the house.

"Chels, no, you can't go in there. What if there is still someone in there?!" Lexi exclaimed in a quiet whisper.

"Well, we're not going to find out by standing around out here. My Gram's jewels are in there, and I will not let whoever it is take them if they're still in there." Chelsea responded angrily.

"I'm calling Braxton then." Lexi said, hoping it would make Chelsea change her mind about going inside.

"Go ahead and call him then, it's not going to stop me from going in." Chelsea said sternly. She was on a mission and wasn't going to let anything or anyone get in her way. She walked with a sense of purpose until she reached the door, then reached in slowly to grab the ball-bat she kept right inside. Thankfully for her, whoever had broken in hadn't noticed it and it was in the spot she had always left it. She grabbed the handle of the bat firmly and slowly pushed the door open. As soon as she took a step inside, she could hear that whoever had broken in, was still inside, but she couldn't tell where it was that they were. Just then, everything went silent as she was walking into the living room. Just as she was about to turn the corner to walk towards her bedroom, she felt hands grab each of her arms from behind.

"Gotcha bitch." The robber said, in what seemed to be a familiar voice to Chelsea. Her arm was still free enough to take two good swings with the bat before she felt herself being thrown across the room. She charged back at the man, with the bat in hand, only for it to be ripped from her hand, thrown, and get a fist to the face causing a busted lip and her nose to bleed. This only fueled her anger, but she knew this was just adrenaline. She knew that once everything calmed down, she was going to be an emotional wreck. The physical aggression between them continued for several more minutes with her kicking him in the stomach, head, and back, and him hitting her in the face and ribs. It continued until the sirens were close and the red and blue flashing lights could be seen in the distance. The robber ran out the door, and Chelsea let herself drop to the ground where she stood. She looked around at the blood splatter and the mess from the robber and immediately began crying hysterically, unable to catch her breath. Through her sobs, she heard footsteps coming towards and into her house. What she had thought were police officers, actually turned out to be Braxton, Gio, Lexi, Mandy, and Brooke. Turns out, the only way Braxton was getting contacted was if Gio was contacted first.