Drama club (Melanies Pov)

I snapped when the boy shut my thoughts down.

"Having a larger capacity to feel and express emotion are one of the many qualities that make us superior to your kind."  (One of the best lines in the movie 🫶)

The same words Y/N said to encourage me on the bus.
"Man, I love that girl." I thought.
"Wait what!? What am I saying!? I didn't mean it like that I just-" After saying that to the boy, I felt Y/N grabbed my hand under the desk. She looked at me with the widest and cutest smile I've ever seen, and I could tell she was proud. I blushed and looked back at the boy, because I wasn't done. She let go of my hand and I stood up.
"Everyone's so soft and sensitive. Did I offend you? Your hanging on my sentences." I looked at the drama teacher in disgust.
"You can keep your costume and your mask. Ima take a bow so you can kiss my ass. I never signed up for your Drama, or Drama Club." I said. Just then I spotted Celeste in the audience. I winked at her and she smiled at me. "Security!" I heard the teacher yell. I felt them grab my arms and pulled me backstage.

"Let go of me! Let go!" I screamed as the women backstage dressed me up in an old Victorian dress, as they were doing my makeup and hair. They gave me lines and then shoved me onstage. I walked out onto the pitch black stage and felt a hand on my waist. I wanted to puke at the feel of the touch but I ignored it and followed along with the play. It started off as a dance. We danced for a few minutes and then the boy dipped me low to the ground and pulled me back up. I was miserable. There was intermission between the two plays to costume change, so I ran backstage with angry tears. Just then someone grabbed my arm, and since I was mad already I pushed them off of me. "Let go of me!" I yelled. I looked to see who it was, and I saw Y/N, upset and on the ground. "Y/N!" I got on my knees to help her up and went to apologize, and then I saw her eyes sting with water.
"Y/N! I'm so sorry! I didn't know it was you! Are you okay?" I pulled her close to examine her face to see if she was cut or hurt.
"It's okay Melanie, don't worry about it! It was an accident!" She said even though it was obvious she was hurt. I hugged her tightly and apologized over and over until I feel like she understood better.
"I would never hurt you on purpose!" I said to Y/N. She blushed and stood back up.
"I forgive you! Now, we can get to the point of what I was saying!" She exclaimed.
"The next scene seems to be a classic sexist scene, where all the women do is laundry. Everyone in the audience seems to be glued to watching the plays, like when you were the doll. We need to snap them out of it." Y/N said. I nodded my head.
"I need to talk to the other girls I'll be on set with so I can do this plan!" I ran to talk to them.

After they agreed, Y/N went back to the audience and waited for the play to start. The lights flashed on and I stepped onto stage. There were 3 ironing boards set out, and I went to the one in the middle. I did my scene of ironing clothes and wiped my head. The 2 girls looked at me, and I nodded. There was a song over the intercom, saying,
"I never signed up, never signed up for your drama club."  Faintly.
I grabbed my iron with the 2 girls at my side, one being Celeste. I walked up to the boy I was forced to dance with, and put the iron on his cheek. The intercom started to play the next part of the song.
"I never signed up for your drama, up for your drama, up for your drama club."
The boy fell to the floor as I ran to the front of the stage and looked out apon the crowd.
"YOUR'E BEING BRAINWASHED!" I screamed. They barely had a reaction! What the hell!?
"What is this? What is she doing?" The teacher whisper yelled.
"Go get her! Go on!" He pointed at the security guard.
"Cant you see what's happening!? Open your fucking eyes!" I screamed and my voice was cracking. The security guard was trying to grab me off of the stage.
"Get off of me! GET OFF!"
A wave of energy pulsed around me and flung him across the stage.
"WAKE UP!" I yelled as the energy spread. Just then everyone snapped out of it. I smiled as everyone came back to their senses.

Y/N opened the doors to the drama room into the principals office, and pointed at him. Everyone ran into his room and started to attack him, after realizing what he'd done to them. They were pulling and punching him and.....let's just say he was taken care of.
"Your plan was amazing!" I giggled as Y/N spun me around.
"No you were amazing!" She told me as she looked into my eyes. My heart fluttered and I couldnt stop blushing.
"Let's go dump the principal!" She said, making me snap out of the flirtatious trance.
"Oh right!" I said after her.

After that, Y/N and I went outside, and buried the principal in the courtyard.