19

[ BARCELONA, SPAIN ]
MAY 2021

REINA FELT HER heart drop. Her face went from confusion, to hurt, to anger as she stared daggers in the direction of the bar.

Carlos was leaning against a stool. But around his chest, like some necklace or medal, a woman stood, wrapping her arms around his neck. He looked uncomfortable, but Reina was more concerned about the blonde Barbie-doll attached to him.

As if in slow motion, Reina made a beeline for the bar. Sofia tried to hold her back, but Reina didn't care. The club was dark, so Carlos didn't see her approaching. But when she was only steps away, Carlos finally saw the angry brunette stomping her way towards him.

"Reina!" he exclaimed, trying to shove the girl off of him, but she instead just moved her hands down his chest, now wrapping her arms around his waist. "It's not what it looks-"

"Save it," Reina spat. "It's not what it looks like? Right. Why do I doubt that?" she sarcastically asked.

"Reina, I-"

Again, Reina cut Carlos off. "Don't bother talking to me again."

"Reina, please!" Carlos begged, still trying to bat away the blonde woman. "I tried to stop-"

Reina shook her head. "I trusted you," she said, giving an angry laugh. "But maybe it was my fault. I should have known I was never good enough for the great Carlos Sainz."

Carlos opened his mouth to say something, but to Reina's surprise, he instead, he got a face full of vodka.

Sofia stood there, empty shot glass in hand, livid. "Lastimaste a mi amiga? Vete a la verga!" she exclaimed. (You hurt my friend? Fuck you!) As Carlos wiped the vodka from his eyes, Sofia pulled Reina's arm, telling her, "Vamos." (Let's go)

The two girls began walking towards the exit, leaving a soaking Carlos and an irritated Barbie—who got caught in the crossfire—when Sofia stopped. She turned around, and said to Carlos, "Oh, yeah. And Red Bull is better anyways."

Sofia helped an angry Reina back to the hotel and onto the next flight back to Italy. Reina didn't want to stay in Barcelona a second longer, and just wanted to go back to her brother's apartment.

At the airport, Reina hugged Sofia as tight as she could. "Siento mucho que la noche se haya arruinado. Viniste hasta Barcelona para esto." (I am so sorry the night got ruined. You came all the way to Barcelona for this)

Sofia shrugged. "Ey. La carrera fue genial y pude decirle a EL Carlos Sainz que se fuera a la mierda." (Hey. The race was great and I got to tell THE Carlos Sainz to fuck off)

Reina gave a small laugh, shaking her head. "Te amo," she whispered. (I love you)

"Yo también," replied Sofia, patting Reina's back.

And with that, Reina said goodbye, passed through security and onto her flight. It was nearly 3 A.M. when she arrived back at her brother's apartment.

"Who's there?" asked a groggy voice from the bedroom.

"It's me," replied Reina.

"Reina?" the voice replied, followed by heavy footsteps. The light turned on, and a bleary-eyed Adrian stood there. "Why are you here so early?"

But as Reina opened her mouth to explain, tears welled up. She didn't want to cry—oh, she hated the fact that she was crying over a boy she wasn't even dating. She started to sniffle as teardrops fell from her eyes.

Adrian rushed over, embracing his little sister. He was alarmed; he rarely saw Reina cry. But, he did what he thought was best, and that was to listen. "What happened, Reinita?"

And so through tears, Reina explained everything. Bahrain, Imola, Portimão, the parties and dates, the replaced camera lens, and most importantly, the promise of being together one day.

"Well, what's the problem?" asked Adrian.

Reina, who had managed to stop crying while telling the tales of her romantic endeavors, started to weep again as she explained what she saw at the club. The beautiful model-esque girl that was snaked around him, like some odd life-size Christmas tree ornament hanging from his body.

Adrian's eyes widened. "Oh, I'll kill that bastard," he angrily exclaimed, standing up. "He was my friend! And he thinks he can just screw over my baby sister without a good beating-"

Reina tugged on Adrian's sleeve. "No, por favor, don't do anything," she begged. (please)

"Reina, he hurt you," replied Adrian.

"I know," Reina sadly nodded. "But I don't want to make things worse. I still have to see him at work."

Adrian considered this for a moment. After contemplation, he acquiesced. "Fine. But one more wrong move from him, and I swear-"

"Okay, okay," said Reina, cutting him off. "Just... don't tell anyone about anything? Okay? Just deny that we were ever going to be together in the first place."

Adrian nodded, bringing his sister in for another hug.

"Okay, Reinita."

-

a/n
6k reads??? you guys are honestly the fucking best

how will carlos and reina work this out?? ( dw i have a plan w carina 😈)